Query+Problem regarding Wallpaper setting on Android

Is there a way of getting the flexibility in adjusting the wallpapers in Android?
In TouchWiz UI of my old Samsung Galxaxy Ace, when i was setting the wallpaper, i had 2 options
A) Keep the wallpaper single page only. So no matter which homescreen i am in, the wallpaper will be static
B) The wallpaper will move according to the homescreen. As in, when you swipe left you will see the left side of wallpaper and the same with other side.

In modern phones, these options to choose a method of display is completely left out.
The TouchWiz Ui of Galaxy Grand offers only Option A
The standard Jellybean (Xperias)and KitKats (MotoG) offers only Option B.

On my secondary phone Xperia M i can get only Option B but can avail Option A using Wallpaper Apps (Bae Suzy Wallpaper app) What this does is that it places a portrait wallpaper of 480x782. So the wallpaper remains static like Option A. So i close the app, go to the gallery and choose any wallpaper, and BEHOLD, i get Option A wallpaper setting like the one i had on my 4 yr old Galaxy Ace! I can finally use low resolution pictures as wallpapers!!

I thought i finally found a loophole to get a wallpaper setting the Xperia Ui doesnt allow. But after a while, like an hour or so, the wallpaper gets spread out across all homescreens, all blurry and ugly. Back to old Xperia Ui wallpaper settings :(

So is there a workaround to get Option A (or galaxy Grand type) wallpaper setting on Moto G and Xperia M? Without using any external APP, because those external apps only allow me to use the app's inbuilt wallpapers

tkin

Back to school!!
WTH? I have both option A as well as B in my LG G2(both on JB and Kitkat), my old L9 had both as well(ICS and JB), I even have an option in my G2 to set individual wallpaper for each homescreen separately. Why would these settings depend on manufacturer?

Try a different launcher app.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Stock sony UI doesnt support single page picture wallpaper.. You have to use a different launcher for that :(

960x800 wallpapers fit well for the screen..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
WTF? This is really an impractical and idiotic thing of Sony then! Jeez :facepalm:

Yeah, no option other than a third party launcher. For that I have to recommend Nova, which I've been using for two straight years now! I honestly don't know how TW launcher looks and works on my phone. If you have problem with a third party launcher, see in XDA if there's a mod of the Sony's launcher which supports static wallpaper. There should be one.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
WTH? I have both option A as well as B in my LG G2(both on JB and Kitkat), my old L9 had both as well(ICS and JB), I even have an option in my G2 to set individual wallpaper for each homescreen separately. Why would these settings depend on manufacturer?

Try a different launcher app.
LG phones are known for their feature rich Custom UI. They have everything :( ....
This is why i hate stock android. I prefer having my apps open a few milliseconds longer instead of having a plain boring featureless UI..but thats just me (seriously not impressed by Moto G's Kitkat UI)

Is there a workaround for this instead of getting 3rd party launchers?? Cuz i have the same problems with stock Kitkat

- - - Updated - - -

WTF? This is really an impractical and idiotic thing of Sony then! Jeez :facepalm:

Same could be said about Samsung Galaxy Grand. It has only option A :(

Top Bottom