Query: Nokia E50

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyotirupam

Broken In
The price of E50 is Rs. 8800 at Guwahati Nokia Priority dealers. I am not getting a very good deal like deepakchan.

Nokia E65 is also arrived with a price tag of 22000+. The screens of these two phones looks same, Only difference is 2MP camera, WI-FI, slider option than the E50. But why the price is so different ? Even E65 have only 50MB shared memory ? I am confused but I won't change my discision to buy the E50. I am waiting for a good deal and my paycheque ;-) ?

enticer86

Stay Silent!
hey can i say smthin? I belong to the student class n officially dont need any biz segment fone.. so i hav this s60v2 device
Wht i hav done is installed Office suite+PDF reader

and its gud enuf fr reading word documents, readin ebuks in pdf format, pwrpoint files and writing poems in MS WORD- u can alwys send them bak to the PC via Bluetooth

:D

PS- just a small support to ppl with s60 devices not to feel stuck up
hehe

jyotirupam

Broken In
May be you are true but I am no more in student class also just not a hardcore professional. So I have to choose a basic biz phone (to start with). My budget is also not much big so I cant expect much ....

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
The official price of E50 in chennai is only Rs.8100 with bill and warranty. You can check it here. *www.wavetelmobiles.com/showmobile.php?id=NOKIA E50

jyotirupam

Broken In
I talked to a different dealer and he is asking for 8400/- for the E50. And how much actually a 1GB and 2GB Micro SD cost? They are asking for 900 - 1000 for 1GB and 1800 for 2GB (Kingston). And Nokia original will cost 4000 app. for 2 GB.
I want to get a 2gb Micro SD with this ? Which brand should I go for with this phone and how much should I pay for it. I think here will be a difference of Rs. 200 to 300 from rest of India for the phone and SD.

Last edited:

jyotirupam

Broken In
Wow ! I purchased yesterday a black e-50 with a 512 card. Thanks everybody for helping me to choose this wonderful product. I started exploring the phone.

Can you suggest a good antivirus programme for this phone. I am confused with the following options.

Simworks Antivirus, Symantec mobile security + firewall, F-secure, Kaspersky antivirus for mobiles, Mcafee VirusScan Mobile.

Thanks.

jyotirupam

Broken In
Thanks pathiks.
One more question. How I can play different video formats in this phone ? Is there any K-Lite-mega-codec-pack-sort-of-softwares to play all types of video files for this phone ? Or I have to convert them to 3gp using a converter sw for playing ?

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
At last after three weeks of fighting with the manager at Nokia Professional center and three times visits, they accepted the phone yesterday for repair. Pathiks knows the problem. The back door keeps falling off from the phone without even pressing the button. If I put the same back door on another E50, it fits perfectly. First the manager said it can't be replaced under warranty. Then after some argument, he said he'll get it in a week. After a week, still not arrived, another manager, same problem explained from the beginning. Again next week. This time also different manager, after lots of argument, and refusing to go back without a job sheet, gave the phone for repair with great difficulty, and was told will take at least 10 days. And that it happens with 90% of the E50s. Nokia's service is very bad and somehow or the other I end up buying Nokia only again and again.

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
jyotirupam said:
Thanks pathiks.
One more question. How I can play different video formats in this phone ? Is there any K-Lite-mega-codec-pack-sort-of-softwares to play all types of video files for this phone ? Or I have to convert them to 3gp using a converter sw for playing ?
Install SmartMovie Player with Coremp4 codec in your E50. Before can play your videos you have to convert them to DivX format at a bitrate of 300 kbps or less.
The quality with Divx is excellent, much better than 3gp.

jyotirupam

Broken In
WOW ! Thanks.
I have watched a full movie in Divx format. Thanks again.
I am not getting good racing/adventure games for my E50. I have downloaded some games for E50 but when the games starts the game covers only 25% of the screen. However I have tried using the download options as per my phones the pixel size / phone specification . So please suggest me some games for this phones. I have also tried the sticky thread games/wallpapers etc. ... But could not find some good one....

jyotirupam

Broken In
Problem ! I have installed a Dictionary software. It worked fine. But when I installed another game (Tetris) the dictionary SW was gone from the installed programms menu, I searched but it was not there. But in Application manager it shows as a installed software. I uninstalled, then installed again. Same problem. I know it is installed in my phone , but how I run the application becoz there is no icon in Installed programs list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom