Query for Nokia 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry146

Broken In
Hi,
I am planning to buy a Nokia 6600 soon. The vendor is quoting a price of 16000/- :? along with software for continuous video recording, mp3 player, downloading movies, etc (about 10-12 software). But he says he can't give the CD for the software. He would only load them in the mobile. Anyway, I wanted to know if I would require to purchase the data cable separately to load the movies or songs, etc. Also, can I browse on my home PC using this as a modem?
The second doubt I have is regarding the video capturing quality. In one of the sites (www.mobileburn.com) I read in the review that during video capture horizontal lines appear that horribly reduce the quality of the video recorded? I wanted to know if it is a general problem in all handsets or has been taken care of recently?

Thanks.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
NOkia 6600 has good picture quality, nice screen, and yaa it can be used as gprs modem, it has blutooth, irDA also!

Very good interface .. ie ..not usual nokia type

but little bulky ! if you are going to use it with somesort of covers then u have a big phone in hand..

btw . if you are looking for surfing then buy EDGE phone.. 6600 dont have EDEG..
man EDGE is future for mobile net !

:) :)
donno abt software cd stuff. .

justo

Broken In
jerry146 said:
Hi,
I am planning to buy a Nokia 6600 soon. The vendor is quoting a price of 16000/- :? along with software for continuous video recording, mp3 player, downloading movies, etc (about 10-12 software). But he says he can't give the CD for the software. He would only load them in the mobile. Anyway, I wanted to know if I would require to purchase the data cable separately to load the movies or songs, etc. Also, can I browse on my home PC using this as a modem?
The second doubt I have is regarding the video capturing quality. In one of the sites (www.mobileburn.com) I read in the review that during video capture horizontal lines appear that horribly reduce the quality of the video recorded? I wanted to know if it is a general problem in all handsets or has been taken care of recently?

Thanks.

the prices of 6600 have come down ..... you will get one with 2 yrs warranty and insurance for about 15000 ....... i bought a 6600 abt 4 months back for 16000 with bill and warranty and insurance ..... and about the softwares ........ each and every application and games is available for 6600 is available for free...... at groups.yahoo.com ........ these people give you the same thing except charge you for it ........ and about video recording ...... the inbuilt video recorder is not good ...... use philips camcoder available at groups.yahoo.com ......... it allows you to record unlimited video at a good resolution ......

theraven

Technomancer
new 660 ard 15- 15.5
if hes charging u for software hes rippin u off
ull get them free

search the forum for symbian themes etc
someone just posted one on 6600 games/themes etc too
i just replied to one of them
itll help

here .. nokia 60 symbian themes etc ==> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10822

6600 doesnt have a professional cam !! so obviously quality is gonna be a problem
if ur spending 16 i suggest u put in 1more and get a 6260 for 17k .. i just got it !!!

the pc suite u get with the phone will help u set it up as a modem
thru ir/bluetooth as u wish
u can even do it thru the data cable .. but id rather one of the above options
same thing for transfering files to it ... id suggest ir/bluetooth !

ofcourse for net u need to have gprs enabled on ur phone by ur service provider

OP
J

jerry146

Broken In
Thanks guys... didn't know so much free stuff roams around on the net.. btw can improper installation or malicious file cause damage to the phone or is it totally safe to install these freely available software?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
jerry146 said:
can improper installation or malicious file cause damage to the phone or is it totally safe to install these freely available software?
well, the more the amount of software, the less the processing speed and of course, the phone might hang.install the once which u really need.

jerry146 said:
The vendor is quoting a price of 16000/- Confused along with software for continuous video recording, mp3 player, downloading movies, etc (about 10-12 software). But he says he can't give the CD for the software. He would only load them in the mobile.
dude, it is 15k only. dont buy if he is quoting 16k.

jerry146 said:
Also, can I browse on my home PC using this as a modem?
u will need a Gprs enabled by ur network, with IRDa or bluetooth only. rs 600 per month (hutch, unlimted, 32kpbs)

remember that u will have to get your phone connected to the pc, so the battery will last only upto 1hr.

theraven said:
u can even do it thru the data cable
6600 does not has a data cable slot , so u can only do with irDa or bluetooth.

jerry146 said:
Anyway, I wanted to know if I would require to purchase the data cable separately to load the movies or songs, etc.
dude, 6600 does not has the data cable option. anyway , u can download this application from this site for mp3.

www.theunlockerunlocker.co.uk ( ultra mp3, in application section )

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
6600 prices mumbai

rs 14-15,000 with bill

rs. 13-14,000 without bill

places to buy: heera panna, manish market, indraprashtha, alfaa.....

:)

imprince

Journeyman
mail2and said:
6600 prices mumbai
rs 14-15,000 with bill

i think 14000 is enough for 6600 in LUDHIANA :wink:
it has good picture quality it has lots of good features like bluetooth and grprs soon

but BIG SIZE makes the difference :wink:

eminemence

Journeyman
Hi there, none of the software on the yahoo groups is legal its warez.
And so stop saying that its free software.
And in recent times there has been some malicious files in the warez
so be careful.
Bye.
--eminemence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom