Query?? E 63 Minimap Browser. What is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpoon

Journeyman
As far as I know that the E 63 do not have GPS; but the latest brochure features a "Minimap Browser". What's this?? Can I navigate in E 63 the streets of Kolkata without GPS?

Please help & thanks in advance.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup using gprs...mine has google maps and i can navigate using GPRS connection without GPS

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I think the 'mini map' refers to the overview feature in the web browser in the E63 wherein it shows you the entire view of the web page before zooming into the page.

OP
H

harpoon

Journeyman
Thanks; Sujoyp, can you please tell me the exact procedure to be followed to use google maps of Kolkata using GPRS on the E 63? What will be the difference with GPS?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Sorry boss I have no idea about GPS...coz I dont have it.

About google maps..ya its very simple....connect to GPRS using ur mobile network...start google map...it would probebly take u to ur current location...if not if u used google earth..its like that just zoom in untill u see exact roads....it will take some time coz gprs is slow....
there r also 2 views..map view and satellite view....try it:)

dissel

Cyborg Agent
harpoon said:
Thanks; Sujoyp, can you please tell me the exact procedure to be followed to use google maps of Kolkata using GPRS on the E 63? What will be the difference with GPS?
If you won E63 don't bother to Nokia Maps (unless you own LD-4W)...Google Maps is far way better.

It locate your position by mobile tower, It didn't pin-point you but if you really in discovering mode you get a rough idea.

Anyhow when I use BSNL prepaid SIM with Google maps 'My Location' is always point out at China....Tai Lam Country Park besides the Tai Lam Chung Reservoir.

But using Airtel it point out the exact location of mine in Kolkata/India.

Nokia Maps 2.0 have detailed version of Kolkata Map upto Naihati. If you in proper kolkata you don't have to worry.

I prefer Google Maps over Nokia Map....No offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom