Query:Compaq Presario V3425AU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
@narangz , Buddy it seems u saved my life! I So wanted to have the Win XP Drivers for thios one.. if urs links works out.. I gonna be dancing on the stars!!!

Abt the partition thingy ,
I used Paragon partition Manager , Partition Magic is not compatible with Vista, that is atleast what the site says.
I have 60 GB for VISTA 80 GB for XP ( unfortunately yet to have a control over XP !! ), and 7 - 8 Odd GB for Recovery Partition.

Make sure to create the recovery discs right after u boot ur system for the first time ! Its of utmost importance!

Then get the Acronis True Image Home edition v10.0 installed. So right after you have all your favored appz installed and ready configured then , make the image of the partition and save it ! Will Help ya in future!

Then , remember when u install XP, the Vista from the bootrecord will be erased. to gett Back vista Boot , u wil require the Vista Boot DVD , which has Boot Repairer!
I have suffered quite a bit becoz of this hence wanted o forewarn u. if u already know...then its fine!

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
@Thor- Thanks for your concern bro! Well I created recovery discs before installing xp... now i am on xp with everything working fine & no unknown devices.... just download all the drivers from the HP/Compaq site(link already given) & get the newer nvidia go drivers from the other link i gave. I love XP :)

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Yahooooooo!!! thanks a load mate!

Now..in XP... I have sound drivers working, network adapter working, graphics nice and fine ...l!!! Wonderful!1!!
narangz ,,,,u a lifesaver!!.... with just over 100 MB ram consumption..I think i am all ready set to go and get them games firing full cylinders in here :D

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
Thor said:
Yahooooooo!!! thanks a load mate!

Now..in XP... I have sound drivers working, network adapter working, graphics nice and fine ...l!!! Wonderful!1!!
narangz ,,,,u a lifesaver!!.... with just over 100 MB ram consumption..I think i am all ready set to go and get them games firing full cylinders in here :D

You are welcome mate, anytime!!!! Thanks for your help too :) I added you on yahoo too....

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey wahts the price of this laptop which thor and narang is telling...and what is its configuration

isnt this is better to purchase
HCL laptop @ Rs.34490 having

15.4" wide XGA TFT Display
Intel Dual core Processor @ 1.73GHz
512 MB ram
DVD writer drive
80GB hard disk
Carry Case Bag
Dos operating system preloaded
integrated web camera
integrated bluetooth
card reader

Last edited:

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
hey narangz...tell me how was ur XP installation....i too wana go for it....tell me plzzz how u did it...thx

well da nvidia driver is a bit heavy...can u compress using kgb and upload plzz

Last edited:
OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
nvidia drivers are already compressed mate. i installed xp from my xp sp2 cd( bootable). formatted c partition & installed xp.... then in xp used partition magic & created partitions of my c drive... recovery partition remains untouched

hey!
guys can u plz tell me how to use builtin infrared in v3425au? i cant find any irda device in device mgr... help plz

Last edited:
OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
so can any of you help me how to use IR? How come there is no IRDA devices listed in device manager?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
irda "devices" won't be listed in the device manager, only the irda controller. jus enable the infra red service from Services and its enabled. jus check if there's an enable/disable button for irda on ur laptop and enable it. now simply enable/activate irda in the other device (say ur cellphone) and align the device irda port wid the irda receiver port on ur laptop. it'll be detected and notified. you are ready now :)

revesenker

Right off the assembly line
I have a Compaq Presario V3424AU Notebook.

It had MS Vista preconfigured. I installed MS XP Professional and my laptop does not show any drivers installed

I am unable to find a single driver for my notebook.

I checked this link
*h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=au&dlc=en&product=3446906&lang=en

but here there is no suitable driver for audio , display , lan etc...

Please help !!!!:mad:

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
infra_red_dude said:
irda "devices" won't be listed in the device manager, only the irda controller. jus enable the infra red service from Services and its enabled. jus check if there's an enable/disable button for irda on ur laptop and enable it. now simply enable/activate irda in the other device (say ur cellphone) and align the device irda port wid the irda receiver port on ur laptop. it'll be detected and notified. you are ready now :)

@infra- well thanks mate! but i already searched services for IR service but couldn't find any. i cant even find IRDA controller in device manager. Where is it listed in device manager?

@revesenker- dude check my previous posts for the drivers for your model. They might even work for you.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
here:
*img168.imageshack.us/img168/6261/53547198ms0.th.jpg

if you haf an unknown device then that mebbe the IR controller and u may require drivers for that. if not then i'm afraid there's no IR controller and hence support in ur lappy.

OP
narangz

narangz

Web developer
no bro no unknown devices are there. but Consumer IR is written in specifications and I also confirmed this through HP Care but yet to know how to use it... Damn!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
then i think its disabled. does the wireless button turn it off too? jus check ur bios for IR settings. if windows doesn't detect it in ir controllers nor does it show in unknown devices and the wireless button is ON then the only possible place from where it can be enabled is the BIOS. if its not there, then i'm afraid the IR module is either not present in the lappy or is screwed up; in which case take it to the service center and confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom