Query about inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
Well guys it is now scorching heat in Hyderabad and the electricity people are not helping it out by doing 2 hr power cuts at 6 in the morning:-x:-x ..So I have decided to buy an inverter.:)

I don't have any idea about inverters. My requirements is that it should be able to run 2 fans and 1 CFL for 2 hrs and nothing else. What should be the cost for such kind of inverter and what should I be looking at while purchasing Inverters

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Your power consumption will be roughly 100W depending on how fast you run the fans and what power of CFL you use; let's say 150W max.

But the stress on the inverter will be somewhat higher because of the power factor, and the load as seen by the inverter is not a simple wattage as with resistive loads like incandescent bulbs and heaters. So, to be on the safe side, let's say you need a 300W inverter as the minimum.

The backup time depends on battery capacity and the actual load (and less on the inverter rating). Assuming that it uses a 12-volt battery, a 40-Ah battery (similar to a small car battery) should provide backup for at least two hours at the estimated power consumption level. If you're willing to shell out the cash, go for a higher-capacity battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom