[Query] 32 inch LED for gaming/PC monitor

amitava82

MMO Addict
I really want a big screen for gaming (been using 22 inch LCD monitor for 4 years). I've been hearing that LED TV is not good for gaming in terms of Picture quality, AA etc. Can anyone with such setup give me some idea? I probably will be using 22inch when I'm sitting in front of the PC and 32 inch for couch gaming (6 to 8 feet away). Does full HD makes any difference for a 32 inch when used as monitor? I'm assuming it should give me sharper picture resulting much legible fonts (specially reading text, browsing etc), though for movies it does not make any difference.

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
I really want a big screen for gaming (been using 22 inch LCD monitor for 4 years). I've been hearing that LED TV is not good for gaming in terms of Picture quality, AA etc. Can anyone with such setup give me some idea? I probably will be using 22inch when I'm sitting in front of the PC and 32 inch for couch gaming (6 to 8 feet away). Does full HD makes any difference for a 32 inch when used as monitor? I'm assuming it should give me sharper picture resulting much legible fonts (specially reading text, browsing etc), though for movies it does not make any difference.

If you wish to use a 32 inch screen as a monitor then yes, you will definitely see a difference with a Full HD (1080p) screen vs. an HD (720p) one. Many people say that it's not worth the money to buy a Full HD 32 inch screen because they primarily use it as a TV, and that usually assumes one will use it from quite a distance away. And if you're a certain distance away from the TV, you won't be able to see small details if you were to use a 1080p screen anyway. On the other hand, there is a reason why even 15 inch and 17 inch monitors/laptop screens come in Full HD, and that's because it makes a world of difference if you are reading text on the screen. In addition, when you are using a monitor, you are generally much closer to the screen. For example, I've used a 1080p 27" monitor before, and when it was only about 2-3 feet from my face, gaming was just that much more fun. It was much more immersive, and it felt like I was playing a game on an IMAX screen! And the fact that it was 1080p meant that I saw every. single. detail. Ever watch the Matrix? I was able to count every single pore in Morpheus's face when I played a 1080p Bluray with that screen.

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Top Bottom