Queries regarding Kindle Paperwhite

Neo

Q1 how well can I read a "textbook" in kindle? (engineering books, NCERT Books)
Q2 how bad is reading a pdf file? Can I convert said pdf to a kindle-friendly format and read it properly?
Q3 can I take notes/highlight text/underline etc in books and pdfs?
Q3 what do I do If a book I have to read is not on the kindle store?

Could somebody who owns a kindle answer these? ty

debarshi

Otaku
A1: Pretty damn well, if you have been reading on a normal tablet. Does have a marked difference from tablets, but not as good as physical books
A2: Actually pretty damn good. I read most of my pdfs on kindle with ease. You can also convert it with various tools. Such as Calibre.
A3: You can make notes, yes. You cannot underline/highlight afaik
A4: You have to get hold of a PDF, which will be pretty hard. If it is not on kindle store, the ebook doesn't exist - is pretty much how it is. That's how vast their collection is

I own the new kindle paperwhite, and have been using it extensively.

Extra: There is 4GB storagel. I read manga on it a LOT. Also, you can use it to browse facebook, and Twitter just fine. Except the colour scheme, the inbuilt browser is rudimentary but quite capable. Have used it

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If it is not on kindle store, the ebook doesn't exist - is pretty much how it is.

There are some books that I want to read that are not on the Kindle store. Therefore, I wouldn't say that all the books in the world are available on the Kindle store. But almost all of the mainstream books are available.

debarshi

Otaku
There are some books that I want to read that are not on the Kindle store. Therefore, I wouldn't say that all the books in the world are available on the Kindle store. But almost all of the mainstream books are available.

I never said all books are available on Kindle ;). A lot of books I want to read aren't as well. But, if there is a pdf floating around in the internet, and its not a stone-age scanned copy, chances are it is also on Kindle. So if you have a digital copy lying around, 80 percent chances are you can buy it through kindle. The E-book doesn't exist, is what I said xD

Top Bottom