Quake 4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Journeyman
The game surrounding is very dark. I just played for a few mins. is there a way to illuminate the rooms like in Quake 3.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
How the hell is my Q4 screenies came up ???? seems like alib_i is my insti fellow !!! alib_i...... what is ur nick in mutter ???

Neway, this REALLY AWESUM game is near to completion..... this is one of my best FPS experiences ever !!!!!

Major-Minor

Broken In
Got it! -

The Box

Plastic Box with manual

Box - 3

Box with the free poster :mrgreen:

All the stuff I got

*img365.imageshack.us/img365/2786/shot000823if.th.jpg *img365.imageshack.us/img365/3876/shot000013nu.th.jpg *img365.imageshack.us/img365/8617/shot000090xx.th.jpg *img365.imageshack.us/img365/9563/shot000491iq.th.jpg
*img365.imageshack.us/img365/5002/shot000081ym.th.jpg *img367.imageshack.us/img367/1205/shot000132gg.th.jpg *img367.imageshack.us/img367/1211/shot000149te.th.jpg *img367.imageshack.us/img367/7445/shot000383xi.th.jpg

OP
G

gxsaurav

Lucky U man,

post your system specs & also if possible a benchmark, for this open the console with the ~ key & then write,

timedemo demo1.demo usecache

this command is infact for Doom3, it might not work in Quake 4, but do try this

Major-Minor

Broken In
I am playing at 1600x1200 @ High Quality, 2AA and 4AF on a BBA X800XT PE. In any case at higher resolutions applying more AA does not improve IQ by much, so its either play at low resolutions and push up the AA and AF to the max or play at high resolutions and bring down the AA and AF for me.

I got the game directly from WWCDrom @ Rs. 1,235 (1,299 - 5% discount)

raj14

In Deniel
Lucky Guy Major, i am waiting for my Special DVD Edition :mrgreen: BTW since you got it from WWCdrom, tell me, have they started distrubuting F.E.A.R.?

Major-Minor

Broken In
@raj - No man, though WWCDrom distribute some VU games they will not be distributing FEAR here, I think Milestone Interactive will be releasing FEAR in India. I called them up (Milestone) and they seemed to have no clue about when it will release here, anyone with any info about FEAR launch in India please post the info here.

raj14

In Deniel
Doesn't surprise me, that's what i hate, Indians are mostly the first ons to get Ripped about games, My Pc Wallah E-Mailed me a while ago about F.E.A.R and Serious Sam II, he said, they both will be Released in November, (First Week, Not confirmed) By Some Multimedia Company in New Delhi. priced aroudn Rs.1,299 For Each. the Director's Edition is NOT Availble, one would only get the Cheap CD Edition,s ame goes for Serious Sam II :(

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Quake 4 completed 3 dayz be4.. was awesum.. one of my best Single player FPS experiences ever. The NExus Core level was very difficult though... took me more than 45 min to figure out how to destroy the core!!!!

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Does any of you guys know that whether this game supports Ati Radeon 9000 card ? I read the sys reqs, but I couldn't find it. :cry:

raj14

In Deniel
ATI 9000 is a very old card, unless you'd rather prefer to watch a Powerpoint Slideshow than game, 1024x768 is the way to go! Quake 4 is based on Doom 3 Engine, increasing the Resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768 would result in Major frame rate drops, sorry but you won't be able to do so.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The ATi 9000 is not listed in the supported cards for Quake 4. If I remember correctly, the lowest was a Radeon 9700.

raj14

In Deniel
Never Mind those 'supported" card lists, the're always wrong, in BF2 Read Me, it says the Minimum Card required to play is GeForce FX5700; i play the game on a FX5200. ATI 9000 Would be able to play Quake 4, but as i said earlier, at Minimum Settings, especially NOT 1024x768. max 640x480 that's about it, even then, it's unlikely, the Fps would even go higher than 25.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well, yes, most of the time, the minimum settings are not quite the minimum. For Quake 4, the bottomline is that if you could run Doom 3 "decently," you can run Quake 4 too. But yes, it's absurd to think that an ATi 9000 will run this game at anything over minimum, let alone run it at 1024x768.

OP
G

gxsaurav

Quake 4 tweak guide is out now

Since there is no benchmark in Qukae 4,we can download a custom made benchmark by HWSpirit.com from here
it's a torrent file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom