Q. Is nokia c6 launched in India

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Yups its launched. Saw it at my friends shop 3-4 weeks back.
I don't know the price but my guess is it retails around 20k~. (Again its my guess)
-S

israramrelia

Broken In
Yep its launched, i checked it at Alpha and Zoop Telecom in Mumbai.
Its available between 14K-16K.
But theres a catch, its available only without bill. Still not available with bill.
I suggest you wait for 10-15 days more.

Regards,
ISRAR AMRELIA

rajan1311

Padawan
it was as low as $269 on newegg, why would it be 20k?
Me too waiting for the phone, has some decent features, just the resistive touch screen is a bit turn off, rest is pretty decent.

dsmarty

Journeyman
I don't know about launch status and price..but I have managed Nokia C6 firmware in my Nokia 5800 xpress music. I have Nokia 5800 but all features and menus are of Nokia C6..

hackerzlab

Journeyman
what's the address of your friend's shop?

its not available in new delhi as yet! nowhere except karolbagh (maybe)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I don't know about launch status and price..but I have managed Nokia C6 firmware in my Nokia 5800 xpress music. I have Nokia 5800 but all features and menus are of Nokia C6..

I too have Nokia 5800. Can you please tell me how you used Nokia C6 Firmware (Step-By-Step would be great ):) . It'd be really helpful . I'm really bored with my 5800. (Thinking of replacing, but waiting for prices to fall down, considering the slew of Win Phone 7 handsets to come the following months, not to mention the ARM A9 based dual core processors, from the likes of Nvidia,Samsung,Qualcomm,TI etc...)..

Also, is it stable enough for daily use ? (Faster, while scrolling etc..Any feedback would be great). Thanks in advance :)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
I too have Nokia 5800. Can you please tell me how you used Nokia C6 Firmware (Step-By-Step would be great ):) . It'd be really helpful . I'm really bored with my 5800. (Thinking of replacing, but waiting for prices to fall down, considering the slew of Win Phone 7 handsets to come the following months, not to mention the ARM A9 based dual core processors, from the likes of Nvidia,Samsung,Qualcomm,TI etc...)..

Also, is it stable enough for daily use ? (Faster, while scrolling etc..Any feedback would be great). Thanks in advance :)

Why not do a google? update 5800 firmware - Google Search

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Why not do a google? update 5800 firmware - Google Search

FYI, it doesn't give any information about how to port C6 firmware into a nokia 5800. (mine is v51 firmware already). However, googling "Nokia C6 Firmware 5800" does return some relevant links. ( I did that immediately when I came to know of it).

But still, I would love to hear from dsmarty, regarding the steps he went through and his opinions regarding stability,issues after the port.(Also , are all nokia 5800 phones, RM-356 ? You check that using JAF only? . I see that now ports for more versions of 5800 have been done.)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
As far as i remember (When i was nokia loyal) they have an updater software that can be installed on ur comp. nd u connect ur cell using the regular data cable & it downloads the update via internet & spoonfeeds into your cell, however during this process, keep ur cell on offline mode.
1 call or txt will make ur cell as good as a paperweight.
-S

sujoyp

Grand Master
guys just go to dailymobile forum u will find all answers regarding porting C6 firmware in 5800..also they r trying to make N8 homescreen into 5800:)

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
guys just go to dailymobile forum u will find all answers regarding porting C6 firmware in 5800..also they r trying to make N8 homescreen into 5800:)

Nokia is literally losing grounds thanks to stretching the symbian OS beyond capacity, red this in Economic Times 2 days Back 3rd or 4th last page i guess.

Nokia is Launching n8 & e7 with a hope to capture its lost streak, its share price has also dipped hell badly!!

Besides n8 will be loaded with latest symbian OS, besides that developers are yet to bite symbian OS...so people looking for heavyweight apps will be disappointed IMO..

Bah, i've used a satio for 2 weeks & dumped it coz message box was full after 1500 messages in Inbox, lame aint it!?
N900 had no limitations to that....
Gday
-S

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bah, i've used a satio for 2 weeks & dumped it coz message box was full after 1500 messages in Inbox, lame aint it!?
hey my 5800 have 2015 msgs and no "messege box full " yet....I think its unlimited.

@ajooba215...just do a google search on " C6 firmware on 5800" u would get to know

Hrithan2020

In the zone
As far as i remember (When i was nokia loyal) they have an updater software that can be installed on ur comp. nd u connect ur cell using the regular data cable & it downloads the update via internet & spoonfeeds into your cell, however during this process, keep ur cell on offline mode.
1 call or txt will make ur cell as good as a paperweight.
-S

Dude, porting C6 firmware into nokia 5800 is by no means official. I was asking the opinions of those guys who had already ported, not someone who has no idea what it means :sad: .. Never mind..

@sujoyp,
I think only the sent items has a limit ? (I could set it to a maximum of 999 only. Regarding inbox, periodically delete it, as 5800, not supporting proper threaded smsing, makes hard to find a relevant sms when I need it. So, never got to even 500 smses, in the inbox.)

Top Bottom