Purchase of Higher end Android based mobiles

abhidev

Human Spambot
By 25th of June, you should be able to get SGSII for some 27k-28k and nothing beats that deal. If strictly inside 25k, get Desire S for 23k and a 8 or 16gig class 10 microSD.

Why do u think the prices of S-2 will drop down in just a month...?

Soumik

Padawan
Letsbuy has it for 32K along with 4K worth accessories on preorder. In a month, without accessories, it would be available within 28K. Plus, letsbuy has a 1K off discount coupon. So, ur in luck. :) HTC Sensation would also be releasing at similar price IMO, cause SGSII beats it comfortably.
If you have a budget of 25K, and time till 25th June, plz plz plz increase it by 3K and get SGSII. You not never regret it. :)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I purchased the Desire S few weeks back. It's an awesome all round phone with a sturdy aluminium unibody build. but I got it for ~ 20.6k with a 15% off nolimit coupon from letsbuy. I would not recommend it for 23k at present :p

So wait for sometime and set your sights on Samsung Galaxy II or HTC Sensation. At your budget don't settle for anything less than a dual core phone. It may not matter much at present but the next update of Android - Icecream sandwich is optimised for dual core cpus and will also take advantage of hardware accelerated UI.

_

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Letsbuy has it for 32K along with 4K worth accessories on preorder. In a month, without accessories, it would be available within 28K. Plus, letsbuy has a 1K off discount coupon. So, ur in luck. :) HTC Sensation would also be releasing at similar price IMO, cause SGSII beats it comfortably.
If you have a budget of 25K, and time till 25th June, plz plz plz increase it by 3K and get SGSII. You not never regret it. :)

very well said. There are reports that SGSII will sell for 29k when it hits the market. the current price tag of 32800 is MRP.

SwiftLover

Broken In
very well said. There are reports that SGSII will sell for 29k when it hits the market. the current price tag of 32800 is MRP.

Price Alredy down by 28000 + 4% vat = 29,000/- at univercell

Buy Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II at univercell.in online,Home delivery across india, Easy EMI,Best buy mobile offers.

nixhead

Broken In
Thanks for your views and suggestion. The fact is that Galaxy S2 is quite a biggie. I want a lil small phone which is more portable. In 25K I am seeing two options Nexus S and Desire S.
What do you guys say?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Nexus S = overpriced and poor hardware, if not, then not so good hardware
Desire S left, so you pick Desire S.

But still getting a single core proccy is bad idea as the future releases of Android will optimize to support dual-core. So better get SGSII or even Optimus 2X.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@OP- Don't think much. If your budget is strict around 25k, then you should go for hTC Desire S. It's the best overall device atm, but if you want some sexy design and good camera then go for ARC. And if you want a Dual Core CPU within that budget then the only option is LG O2X. But if I were you, I'd extend my budget by another 4-5k and blindly go for a SGS II, as there is not true competitor of it yet in the market. (I am getting the GS II anyway, just said for you) :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Arc is good, but it's battery life is too poor and due to slim design, it will fell from your hands very often. Also AFA members in XDA forums, O2X is very buggy. So only option left, SGSII which is a winner here and no close competitor for this. Now it's upto you to choose.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Arc is good, but it's battery life is too poor and due to slim design, it will fell from your hands very often. Also AFA members in XDA forums, O2X is very buggy. So only option left, SGSII which is a winner here and no close competitor for this. Now it's upto you to choose.

:shock:

angeleyes

Broken In

Emulators. the N64, the PSX emulators. all run better on Tegra 2. not much of difference. but you can see the difference easly.

the GPU " as of now " lacks alot in the SGS2.

plus. i really love what Nvidia is doing with Tegra zone games. to get those awesome looking games is something very nice. with the SGS2, i found my self playing SGS1 games. that if they were able to run in the first place.

please note. i am not saying the SGS 2 is bad device. i am saying that as of now, the Tegra 2 devices are better " read : Atrix/ O2X "

and i think i will skip the SGS2 till they release the Tegra 2 SGS2. then i will consider switching.

but if you are a gamer like me, dont even think of doing it.

after using the GS2 for few days,, i am back to O2X [Archive] - xda-developers

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

simple solution is to get O2X and load 3rd party ROM. that eliminates most of the bugs.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Thanks for your views and suggestion. The fact is that Galaxy S2 is quite a biggie. I want a lil small phone which is more portable. In 25K I am seeing two options Nexus S and Desire S.
What do you guys say?

Desire S it is then. lack of microsd slot is a handicap in Nexus S. Xperia Neo is also a good option but it will arrive only in July :(

HTC has said that they will rethink their bootloader policy. hopefully there will be positive news. but if you are hell bent on trying custom ROMs forget Desire S atleast for now.

_

Shreeyak

Right off the assembly line
Dear Sirs

I would like to purchase a mobile with the following requirements.

Budget = Around 23-26k

1. Display = 4"min
2.Form = Bar model
3. OS = Android 2.3
4. Rear Cam = 8 MP or more with Good quality Flash
5. Front Cam= Suitable for video calling
6. Documents, 'Xls', 'pdf' viewing capability
7. Internet browsing
8. FM rado
9. Other 3G/4G features as provided for higher end mobiles

pvsr

Looking at ur specific req, it looks like u'll be doing a vit of reading on that phone.
I'd suggest u in for the htc incredible s. Slightly above ur budget, but totally worth it.

Its slim, light, got a good screen and camera. Most imp, its got a very good ui.. Sense rocks!

Dual core phones are really jus for the enthusiasts, i don't see any significant advantage they provide. So he ur looking for normal use, then go for the incredible s. Fits ur bill perfectly.

And if the camera is not that big a deal, the htc desire s is pretty good too, and falls perfectly within ur budget and ur needs. :) after all, 5mp is rather good enough. U won't really need more than that..

Soumik

Padawan
Dude.. no point getting Incredible S when in 2-3more K u get SGSII. Just read the reviews and posts!!! If u cant do without the Sense, wait for HTC Sensation. Buying a phone with this budget, u shouldnt be satisfied with "normal" usage. Its an enthusiast budget, so try getting the best future proof phone u can get. Dual cores are necessary as Icecream Sandwich onwards, android will be optimized for dual cores, so y spend so much on a single core phone!:)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Totally agree with Soumik. Like I said in few other posts, buying D:S makes no point unless the price goes to 23k-24k. Dual core phones is the future and SGSII is the best smartphone on any platform (not just android) right now and it's retail price will be inside 30k.

Top Bottom