Punish those who use torrent sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
Just came across news that one of admin of torrent site was punished by US law and sent to jail. So is using torrent sites punishable by law? How safe downloading softwares/music using torrents in india?

Should we stop using these sites???

Third Eye

gooby pls
In India you just need to no worry when you are downloading illegal torrent.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
practically speaking in india anti-piracy laws are not so stringent and by law distribution is illegal so in 9 out of 10 cases the 1 who runs the site will be punished not the 1s who use it ....

even in india if ur caught distributing pirated stuff like the guys outside most railway stations in mumbai those guys will b put to task and in some cases if some1 is caught buying will also b given a flak

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
@rajesh_nk22 - using torrents is not a crime. But sharing copyrighted content through torrents is.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
YES, doing so is extremely DANGEROUS. CBI might RAID ur house, hack ur comp and format ur HD. So , JUST STOP using TORRENTS.
PS: You can gimme ur A/C & passwd, i'll make best use of it :D

Third Eye

gooby pls
@Sariq: I mean when you are downloading copyrighted softwars,games via torrent outside India,you will be punished for this crime but in India you can download illegal things.Hope you will get your answer and why are you laughing ?

Last edited:

shaunak

Tux Fan
"torrents" in themselves are not illegal. Many distirios like fc6, ubuntu and tons softwares are distributed through torrents. So you cant generalise torrents as "bad".
Its a great tool being missused.

Third Eye

gooby pls
I use torrents when download something huge(such as free linux).Torrent is the good way of downloading something.All torrents are not illegal but mostly are illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom