Pune to Mumbai on Bike: Suggestions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I am planning to do a Pune to Mumbai on my Bike. If any of you have already done so please share your experiences and suggestions for a first timer like me. I am not a professional biker and have starting riding only since last one year. I have a Honda Unicorn bought 9 months back. My final destination is Borivali in Mumbai. Any kind of suggestions etc will be helpful. Which will be the most apt route for me ? What all things i need to take care of ? etc etc.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I'm not a biker although I used to be I prefer 4 wheelers now. Main things you need to note.

1. Updated and proper papers
2. Always keep some spares handy like headlight bulbs on long trips
3. Make sure you have a toolkit prepped.
4. Never ever drive when you are sleepy. I cant emphasize this enough.
5. Always make sure you have gas :D
6. Proper clothing. Shades , jackets etc.
7. Being fast isn't cool The difference of time you might make is probably 1 hr tops on Indian roads. Moral : Be safe not sorry.

Hope these help.

PS: I thought Pune to Mumbai was quite far but I just found out its only 163 km. Sorry if I sounded paranoid lol I thought this was like some 500-700 km trip. Anyway the directions are here.

Code:
Straight (0.2 km) on Veer Samtaji Ghorpade Rd going toward Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Rd

1st Left onto Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Rd(NH9 Hwy), go 0.5 km

Continue down NH9 Hwy: 0.5 km

1st Right (past Veternity Hospital on the right) onto Mumbai Pune Rd(NH4 Hwy), go 0.2 km

1st Left (past National Bank Of Agriculture And Rural Development on the left) onto Mumbai Pune Rd(NH4 Hwy), go 5.3 km

Straight on Mumbai Pune Rd(NH4 Hwy) flyover, go 64 km

Left onto Mumbai Pune Expy, go 32 km

Left onto NH4 Hwy, go 7.8 km

Slight Right onto Mumbai Pune Rd(NH4 Hwy), go 2 km

At roundabout, take 4th exit onto Mumbai Pune Rd(NH4 Hwy), go 24 km overall

Left onto Old Pune Rd(NH3 Hwy), go 4.7 km

Slight Left (past Burial Ground on the right) onto NH3 Hwy, go 15 km

Right onto Andheri Ghatkopar Rd, go 2.6 km

Continue down Mathuradas Vasanji Rd: 1.9 km (Past Sakinaka Junction Police Chouki on the left)

Arrive at destination
Source

Pathik

Google Bot
Just get on the bike, use a helmet. In 2.5 hrs you ll reach Mumbai.
Note : If you have a hot pillion rider, the journey ll be better. :D

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
7. Being fast isn't cool The difference of time you might make is probably 1 hr tops on Indian roads. Moral : Be safe not sorry.
I totally disagree. Quite a good part of NH4 is(or atleast was) a very good road. On one patch, it's quite a long road, you can easily touch constant 100kmph without a hitch. Will easily save you 15-25 mins on that part itself.
PS: I thought Pune to Mumbai was quite far but I just found out its only 163 km. Sorry if I sounded paranoid lol I thought this was like some 500-700 km trip. Anyway the directions are here.
Not at all. It would more be like 200 considering the internal roads and all. I have gone upto Khandala/Lonawala on my bike so can vouch for that.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
On bike !! , then sadly you cant use the express way. Also check your tyres , better gripping is required since roads are slippery during this time of the year .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom