Pulsar 150cc Mileage issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clayman

Broken In
I have a Pulsar 150cc UG3(version 3)
Purchased on: Jan 2007
Fuel used: unleaded petrol from Indian Oil.

Initially i got a mileage of 50 to 55 with careful driving.

Used to get a mileage of about 45 when i used to drive at a max speed of 50kmph:oops: while i remained within 4000rpm in all 5 gears(never exceeded 4k rpm). The mileage used to drop every now & then & so i had to get it tuned often.

Recently i ditched the 4000rpm limit & started ripping a bit, but never exceeded 70kmph. I am getting a mileage of 39!!! wtf!:mad:

I am pretty sick of getting it tuned every time. So i just wanna know if the mileage i am getting is normal or should i get it checked.:confused:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Whats the oddo says ?? How many kms so far ??

Usually till 6000 kms tuning would allow the bike to drink more fuel and on after 3rd service you are suppose to slowly put the lid on..

P150 should give around 55 kmpl when rode single rider at 55kmph below 5000 rpm..

So yes, give it a check at your near by Bajaj service.. :)

Thanks.

confused!!

It's true Im not confused
I don't ride it hard..Under normal driving conditions also it gives a mileage of 35. After repeated attempts even the service center guys could not fix it. Me and my friend got 2 Apaches together. He is getting a mileage of 45-50 whereas I am getting 35-40:-(

red_devil

Back!
P150 should give around 55 kmpl when rode single rider at 55kmph below 5000 rpm..
Thanks.

WHAT !?!?!?! 55kmpl ?? is that on road or under standard test driving conditions [something which the company uses??]

I'm having a pulsar 150 for almost 2 years now and it has NEVER given me a mileage of more than 35... NEVER.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

How I get the data ?

Pulsar 150 UG3.. Driving at NH6 or NH2.. Bike goes to reserve, I set the trip to 0 and continue to till next petrol pump to buy exact 1 ltr fuel (HP Power @ Rs. 47.xx).. set the fuel valve to main and continue on Highway at 4500-5000 RPM and speeds just around 55 to 60 kpmh till the bike once again goes to reserve..

As it is highway so no need to break / clutch or change speed for next one hour (apart from the refuel stop) and in this way it never gives below 55...

Thanks...

red_devil

Back!
^ oh...on Highway !!

i was thinking that you get 55 in city driving conditions !!

here in bangalore with all the gear changes and stuff and the whole lot of traffic woes, my bike's mileage is getting fcuked up !!

OP
C

clayman

Broken In
Thanks for the reply!

i have driven it for more than 8000km & well all the free services and 2 paid ones are done. I guess i'll have to take it to the service center...

utsav

damn busy...
My apache is giving me awesome mileage . I get around 54 to 62 kmpl no matter how hard i rip my bike and under city riding conditions :D .am really lucky :p

upendra_gp

In the zone
My apache is giving me awesome mileage . I get around 54 to 62 kmpl no matter how hard i rip my bike and under city riding conditions :D .am really lucky :p

maybe u have the new Fi version. it has got electronic fuel injection so it will surely give good mileage. btw what's the top speed of apache and any problems with it?

utsav

damn busy...
maybe u have the new Fi version. it has got electronic fuel injection so it will surely give good mileage. btw what's the top speed of apache and any problems with it?

nope, its not FI version. I didnt faced any problems with it but riding at over 80kmph for long time can be painfull coz after 6.5k RPM vibrations creep in from the foot pegs. I managed 112kmph on it for around 2 minutes continuously :D .even after reaching that speed i felt the bike had enough power to touch 130kmph if TVS would have decided to add the 6th gear

Whats the oddo says ?? How many kms so far ??

Usually till 6000 kms tuning would allow the bike to drink more fuel and on after 3rd service you are suppose to slowly put the lid on..

So yes, give it a check at your near by Bajaj service.. :)

Thanks.

hey. Nice to c u back again :)

btw u hav a P150 then y u came to meet me in a auto rickshaw :shock:

Last edited:

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
When was the last time you serviced? There is a good chance your oil is low or perhaps check your air pressure. If all of this doesn't works then you should service your bike and while doing that tell the bajaj guy there is average issue so they will fix it for you.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
btw u hav a P150 then y u came to meet me in a auto rickshaw :shock:

I have a HH Hunk.. However I do ride other bikes of my friends !!!

Why didnt I come in Hunk ??

I bought the Hunk after I meet you :lol:

I managed 112kmph on it for around 2 minutes continuously

Although it is not designed for this, but Hunk do allow me to maintain this speed (refer to picture) for almost 2 hours non stop (Kolkata to Durgapur -> around 190 km)..

*img6.imageshack.us/img6/8266/000ih8.jpg

Mileage at that speeds ?

Drops to below 30 kmpl :lol:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
wow, gr8 pic

my fz gives me an avg mileage of 38~40 on city....and havnt rode it over ny highways for more than 10 KM :)
i started rippin it off the day i bought it...crossed 100kmph for bout 20+ times before first service.
now its odo is at 2100km. One of my frend too got tha same bike and its odo too is somewhat mllar, but difference is hes never crossed 60kmph and maintained rpm below 4.5k whole time...

but last day i rode his and he rode mine....i was shocked to see......it had only half the pickup of mine, and it struggles to go beyond 85-the rpm is almost touching the roof. i was pulling the gear knob in hope for another foreward gear, but it was 5th already. I cudnt believe.
After all those tortures and clutch wheelies on ma bike, its doin very well...and both of us gets somewhat same mileage @ 40.

rtr 160 FI is gud, but it gives high vibrations to body...i think it ll be a headache after some months of rippin...
btw, i always starts my bike and ride af if i were to break my own previous record of 0-60 in it. :)

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
I have a HH Hunk.. However I do ride other bikes of my friends !!!

Why didnt I come in Hunk ??

I bought the Hunk after I meet you :lol:

Although it is not designed for this, but Hunk do allow me to maintain this speed (refer to picture) for almost 2 hours non stop (Kolkata to Durgapur -> around 190 km)..

*img6.imageshack.us/img6/8266/000ih8.jpg

Mileage at that speeds ?

Drops to below 30 kmpl :lol:

lol :p . i can see that from ur fuel meter :D

btw i dont have good highways here thats y i wasnt able to maintain that speed for long duration. afterall i travelled almost 4Kms in that 2 mins duration . most of the highways here at construction which will finish very soon and am waiting for it :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom