Pulsar 150cc Mileage issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@dOm1naTOr

It is recommended that for first 2000 kms, you follow the strict gear : speed : RPM ratio.. Yes, once a while do push it up a bit..

So it is bit strange to hear your case as it is completely opposite.. so may be the second FZ would need a performance service :D from Yamaha :D

Thanks..

@utsav

I have to ride around 20km from Kolkata to either reach NH2 or NH6 for open stretch of roads which can allow me high speeds :D

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
wow, gr8 pic

my fz gives me an avg mileage of 38~40 on city....and havnt rode it over ny highways for more than 10 KM :)
i started rippin it off the day i bought it...crossed 100kmph for bout 20+ times before first service.
now its odo is at 2100km. One of my frend too got tha same bike and its odo too is somewhat mllar, but difference is hes never crossed 60kmph and maintained rpm below 4.5k whole time...

but last day i rode his and he rode mine....i was shocked to see......it had only half the pickup of mine, and it struggles to go beyond 85-the rpm is almost touching the roof. i was pulling the gear knob in hope for another foreward gear, but it was 5th already. I cudnt believe.
After all those tortures and clutch wheelies on ma bike, its doin very well...and both of us gets somewhat same mileage @ 40.

rtr 160 FI is gud, but it gives high vibrations to body...i think it ll be a headache after some months of rippin...
btw, i always starts my bike and ride af if i were to break my own previous record of 0-60 in it. :)

hey afaik u smashed ur bike at 80kmph once :p

btw i have ripped my apache almost like you (maybe more than u ). i always try to speed up from 0-60 doing a wheelie in all the traffic lights :D . the cops here ride P180 to catch speeders but they never dare to speed up over 80Kmph which is a great plus point for riders like me :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

That is not some thing you should be doing I suppose ??

In city rides I maintain my cool and I do ride below 70 or 60.. But as I am speed hungry, hence every Saturday or Sunday, I go for a highway dash...

City roads are neither safe for me to dash nor its safe for others as I dash, where as in highway, I can satisfy my hunger under safe limits :D

utsav

damn busy...
^^^

That is not some thing you should be doing I suppose ??

In city rides I maintain my cool and I do ride below 70 or 60.. But as I am speed hungry, hence every Saturday or Sunday, I go for a highway dash...

City roads are neither safe for me to dash nor its safe for others as I dash, where as in highway, I can satisfy my hunger under safe limits :D

no no ,in city i never cross 60-70 kmph . mostly its 50-60 . i love my life :D

btw hav a look at these guys of my city *www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml0VS-tw2L0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom