PSU Suggestions Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift

Broken In
Ok, so i have an old pc with all the normal stuff minus the gpu...
And i wanted to buy a new SMPS, which maybe a bit future proof as i'd be upgrading in a few months...
So i am thinking about buying the Coolermaster extreme power 500w..
Will it be a good buy??

acewin

Point Blanc
what do you wanna buy in future. If you are not buying huge power consuming gfx card then this is quiet good choice.

OP
S

Swift

Broken In
i think i would be buying a gfx card for around 6k...
so how much power does a gfx card in that range consume(i'd also be buying the gfx card based on suggestions of people in this forum so u can get the idea)...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
A big no. Better off with a vx450, cx400 and/or cm 460w extreme plus depending on the complete rig. vx450 wins hands down out of all the choice.

OP
S

Swift

Broken In
All right so i'll be buying something like this:
c2d E7300/7400
MSI P45 neo-f
4 gb Transcend 800mhz
640 gb HDD
An Asus DVD writer i already have
And a gfx card for 6k..

vx450 is a bit outside my budget, but i can go for it if its really worth the extra cash and is enough to power my system..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Check out this site, *extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp
which will help u to choose ur PSU.. :)
----------

acewin

Point Blanc
well VX450 is better than 500W coolermaster, and is 80% efficiency certified PSU, hence has an edge over the coolermaster PSU

Jetlag

Right off the assembly line
Hi, please help urgent,

I am planning on buying the corsair VX450w but i have read many times that PSUs with active PFCs require a sinewave UPS to work properly. I have Iball 630 UPS which produces modified sinewave output.

What should i do? Go for a non-PFC PSU which would cost cheaper or buy a sinewave UPS which would cost more apart from the PSU which is already costing 4K.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Well, U SHUD be goin with the APC's RANGE of SMART UPS which are pure sine wave ups, and yes PLZ if u hv a Active pfc psu (like i hv in my siggy) go for APC Smart UPS

Jetlag

Right off the assembly line
thx for the reply..but plz tel me would it damage the PSU if not used with sinewave UPS..coz right now i do not have the budget to get sinewave UPS :sad:...

can i use it for couple of months with my normal UPS?...by what i have read, i think it will cause humming and vibrations of the PSU..plz reply...

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup right, vibrations on ur PSU and also, hissing kinda noises on the RAM modules...
------------

Not to mention, wat if ur PSU+RAM are damaged b4 u get the cash to get a new SInewave UPS ?? scary thought isin't it ??
---------------

I myself hv ordered a APC SMART UPS (model: SUA 1500 I) wich costed me a bomb at around 15K jus for the UPS.. :(

but yes, i dnt wanna take any chances, not even for 1 day wen my system is Working to its full potential, hence tat extra load of 15K on me.. :( but i knw its worth the money.. :):)
-------------

So, my advice, DO NOT take any chances dear brother.. :)

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
brilliant..you spend extra cash to buy a corsair vx450 and have to shell out even more cash for a UPS which support it...the manufacturer of such ups should thank corsair...

i think it will run fine on normal ups from apc 500va, 650va, 800va
but the "zzzzz" sound from the powersupply can be heard when it is on battery..as regards hissing sound on the ram modules, didnt specifically check it out..
when it is not on battery, it works fine..no sound at least in my case..i use an 800VA ups from APC..and have the corsair hx620 power supply

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Realdan..

buddy, u need to help me out here ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103299&page=6

(Reply #177)... as im in a total state of confusion...as the UPS (in my siggy) tat im plannin to buy, does it hv a 5amp (3 pin plug, female part) so tat the 5amp (3 pin plug, male part) of my spike guard (wich will eventually hv my LCD, CPU connected) will go into the UPS... !! :confused:
----------

Im not able to get a clear idea... so help me out buddy...(i hv still NOT ordered for tat UPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom