PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

shri

Always Fresh!
I had subscribed to that thread. A email was sent by digit:

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Pathik: Don't you think this thread is encouraging piracy? I don't know how could you let this thread goin like this!
Did he delete the thread?

Edit: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94788
Yes its deleted.

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Yes the thread has been deleted.Damn!!!IMHO If someone in the thread is talking about piracy then his post should be deleted from the thread and a warning should be issued to the concerned person instead of deleting the whole thread,well according to me the thread was very informative and useful for noobies.It was like a one stop solution for all PSP related queries,experiences ans what not.
Mods listening??
If i'm missing anything here then i'm sorry but I still strongly believe that deleting offensive posts is far better than deleting the whole thread itself.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

what u missed was..if u really wanted to kep that thread clean u should have used PM's..whatever hobbies u want to do in psp..all know first one is loading games iso....so in a sense that thread became the unofficial underground of psp modding and hacking...

Only thing is to continue the thread here and keep clean of modding....whatever maybe the use..use PM's

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Yes , guys avoid talking abt piracy. this thread we only talk abt homebrew apps and modding. Don't ask/ tell about pirating iso's.It''s totally against forum rules. Resposible persons should get warning instead of deleting this thread.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ hey i guess im behind all this, coz i was telling abt ISO LOADING :(:( (if this also comes under piracy..)

well it was jus a mistake guys....i really had no intentions to get that thread banned ( if it was really me).. not sure....

so a big apology to all u guys.... :(:(:(

feeling really embarassed...

shri

Always Fresh!
Just came to know that new PSPs come with a cpu+ta-088 board that doesn't allow cfw, unlike ta-085. What is the one available in India?

Also *www.sony.co.in/product/psp+2004/sku/psp-2008%2Fbp%2Fbk?site=hp_en_IN_i, the battery capacity is shown as 1800mAh. I thought the one that slim comes is 1200mAh. Mistake?

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
wtf !!!! :x AFAIR, a few posts were there in the old thread which mentioned abt illegal stuffs and those should have been deleted (and properly "modded")instead of the whole thread.. that was a really nice informative thread... !!!!

Anyways, did u guys know about Ubuntu 7.10 for PSP? Though that is only the kernel running, it is pretty cool. Tried it out last night and it IS definitely awesome. The only drawback is that the language is french and no English versions are available, though one will definitely come out sometime sooner or later.... till then enjoy guys ...:)

HOW TO Guide:
*aruljohn.com/info/pspubuntu/

Image:
*img155.imageshack.us/img155/7973/pspubuntusystemprefik3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Awesome , will surely try. I hope it comes in English soon. Guys pls install the screenshot plugin, so whenever you try new stuff you can post screenshots here.

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Hey tarey,silly question but wanna know,how do you install that plugin..??Still have not modded my PSP,gonna get it done this saturday,that guy is giving me a free DVD full of ......well..anyways can you also list some nice plugins,do mention d difficulty level in installing them if there is any.???Can you??Thanx in advance.:)
Oh ya you better PM me if you think that installing stuff(plugins) comes under illegal category or something.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
No, its not illegal. Every plugin comes with a readme, you will easily do it after reading it. If any problems post it here.

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Does dead/stuck pixels problem still exists in the PSP-2000?
Apparently they do sometime.Thats why whenever you buy PSP from a store ask for the store internal warranty a.k.a in big stores like Reliance Electronics and Chroma,they will open and show you the device.Now at that time you can check if the screen is faulty.Even if the screen is fine at that time or you dint notice dead pixels @ that time,These stores give you a week's time to replace your device("no questions asked",type of replacement),Not that after a week time they won't replace it.
Now again Sony's policy for dead pixels is,If you have 5 or more dead pixels on ur LCD and your device is in warranty period then they will change the screen for free.

@ tarey: Hey that problem of PSP not detecting got solved,it was the Damn faulty cable,got it changed.Also my HOLD LED isn't working(it glows very very feeble),I went to change it but Reliance guy showed me other PSPs with the same problem and he said he can't help me with it as all of the PSPs are acting like that.I wasn't convinced but dint change it as its a cosmetic problem.:)
And for video conversion I got a software "Xilisoft video converter 3",It has a profile for PSP video conversion,damn easy and fast to convert and the results are impressive too.Thought I let know others:cool:

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Sharx, thx for the tip. I'll try that software. Can you tell me what are the details of the output video you get from this software, and what will be the resulting size if i convert a 700MB divx and the timee taken for the operation..

shri

Always Fresh!
Also my HOLD LED isn't working(it glows very very feeble),I went to change it but Reliance guy showed me other PSPs with the same problem and he said he can't help me with it as all of the PSPs are acting like that.I wasn't convinced but dint change it as its a cosmetic problem.:)

I am facing this too. Apparently all PSPs are this way. Hold doesn't have an LED. It seems its just a yellow filter. BTW, bought a PSP yesterday... :)

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
I am facing this too. Apparently all PSPs are this way. Hold doesn't have an LED. It seems its just a yellow filter. BTW, bought a PSP yesterday... :)

Oh thats sad,in fact I thought the LED is giving some light coz of diffusion glow from the power LED but later checking it in darkness found that it actually glow(but so feeble that u can ignore it):)
As i said its a cosmetic flaw so I don care much about it,even the guy at reliance Digital told me that he was kinda helpless over it and if there are any functionality breach he will surely change my device.

Anyways many congrats on ur new purchase..:):)
@ Tarey:It encodes in 368*208 resolution(full screen) and the quality is pretty amazing,the converted movie will be of 400MB approx(depends on movie length,audio and video bit rate ur setting).And the conversion time time is close to 1hr and some minutes(mind you I'm having a very old system so probably its taking this much time).Anyways the best part of the software is,its bloody easy to use it and u can set desired audio and video bit rates like a piece of cake.
Haven't modded my PSP yet:( and don have that snapshot plugin :(otherwise wud have posted some pics of the output.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Hey thx for the update :). It takes similar time for me to convert by PSP video9 on my PC , I also use same resolution. I will check the performance on this software on same config.

Somebody knows any plugin which makes PSP recognize folders beyond one level. By default PSP can access ms0:\folder\subfolder but fails to recognize ms0:\folder\subfolder\subfolder2 .

This is the most irritating thing, because of this I cant manage my music collection on PSP properly. WTf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom