Not open for further replies.
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Waiting for DA to release the CFW.
btw PSP2 details are also out :

*img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/130630/pspls_qjgenth.jpg?558720

Here's what PSLS pretty much confirmed and concurred with as "facts" from that post:

* UMD is dead. Sorry folks, UMD IS dead, they got this one right
* Touch Screen. PSPWorld states that this is a given as this seems to be the trend the industry is heading towards. Well Sony boasts it s Like No Other and that is the truth, Sony doesn t follow trends, it sets them. There will be NO touchscreen in the next PSP.
* Monstrous Hardware Specs If that were the case, it WOULD be the PSP2, and the next PSP is NOT the PSP2, it s not the PSP-4000 either. In fact it s something entirely unique.

As for the fiction in them:

* Release before Christmas 2009. We don t know an exact release date, but it s much sooner than anyone is expecting. One thing we are sure of is that it s definitely Going to be before Holiday 2009.
* Internal HDD. If UMD is dead, how exactly does PSPWorld think we are going to get our games on the new PSP? Sure Sony could pack in some form of memory stick with the new PSP, but that isn t practical. As Dave Perry has mentioned in the past, look for some type of solid state memory on board. It will also take some form of removable flash memory.
* Phone included. They got this one right also, but it wasn t a hard guess. There will be no built in phone in the next PSP, however you can always use Skype.

And then they leave out some more intriguing teasers, the ones that would probably fall under Sony's "We don't comment on rumors" press release bin, if they ever had one:

* Sliding Screen. They call this fiction, and unfortunately we cannot comment on this. We have to leave it at that.
* Dual Analog Sticks. Nope, not happening, at least not until the PSP2 which this isn t. Adding a second analog stick would alienate the current PSP lineup, which is going to get much more robust later this year. A lineup, that will play just fine on this new PSP, which is based on current PSP tech.

And again, it ends with that all-too blatant banner to head to the E3 for more.
Source : pspupdates.qj.net
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Waiting for DA to release the CFW.
btw PSP2 details are also out :

*img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/130630/pspls_qjgenth.jpg?558720

Here's what PSLS pretty much confirmed and concurred with as "facts" from that post:

* UMD is dead. Sorry folks, UMD IS dead, they got this one right
* Touch Screen. PSPWorld states that this is a given as this seems to be the trend the industry is heading towards. Well Sony boasts it s Like No Other and that is the truth, Sony doesn t follow trends, it sets them. There will be NO touchscreen in the next PSP.
* Monstrous Hardware Specs If that were the case, it WOULD be the PSP2, and the next PSP is NOT the PSP2, it s not the PSP-4000 either. In fact it s something entirely unique.

As for the fiction in them:

* Release before Christmas 2009. We don t know an exact release date, but it s much sooner than anyone is expecting. One thing we are sure of is that it s definitely Going to be before Holiday 2009.
* Internal HDD. If UMD is dead, how exactly does PSPWorld think we are going to get our games on the new PSP? Sure Sony could pack in some form of memory stick with the new PSP, but that isn t practical. As Dave Perry has mentioned in the past, look for some type of solid state memory on board. It will also take some form of removable flash memory.
* Phone included. They got this one right also, but it wasn t a hard guess. There will be no built in phone in the next PSP, however you can always use Skype.

And then they leave out some more intriguing teasers, the ones that would probably fall under Sony's "We don't comment on rumors" press release bin, if they ever had one:

* Sliding Screen. They call this fiction, and unfortunately we cannot comment on this. We have to leave it at that.
* Dual Analog Sticks. Nope, not happening, at least not until the PSP2 which this isn t. Adding a second analog stick would alienate the current PSP lineup, which is going to get much more robust later this year. A lineup, that will play just fine on this new PSP, which is based on current PSP tech.

And again, it ends with that all-too blatant banner to head to the E3 for more.
Source : pspupdates.qj.net

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ tarey: thanx for the update on the new PSP buddy, lets see how much of this is fact and how much MORE is fiction.. :D

Btw, a sliding design PSP wud be gr8 minus the dual analog sticks (coz then it wud jus be like a PS2 or a PS3 controller in hand..) and yes, i snt want any fone feature in the new PSP, i jus want the PSP as it is now (jus like a PMP and a portable gaming device).. :)
------
also,... hv u updated ur fw.. ??

@BB: buddy, hv u updated ur FW too. ???

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
DA has not yet released the new CFW, Sony has made some changes in new FW and hence it becoming difficult to hack, but not impossible as DA says.
We will have to wait a little longer this time. :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hery thans alot for this update, i thought tat i was left behind in FW upgrade.. :D yes me too on 3.90 m333 (its the most stable and awesome FW) :D

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
how can u update from 3.71m-33 to the latest fw??...

mine is a slim...

or

1 Stop Guide to 3.52 M33/3.71 M33/3.80 M33/3.90 M33/4.01 M33/5.00 M33 Custom Firmware + Updates & Add On's.

can i update from 3.71m-33 to latest using this??....

can anyone confirm??... or the update worth it???

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
how can u update from 3.71m-33 to the latest fw??...

mine is a slim...

or

can i update from 3.71m-33 to latest using this??....

can anyone confirm??... or the update worth it???

i am on 5.00m33 just because of the usb auto and theme

or 5.50 or 5.50 m33 ???

what i want to know is mine is 3.71m-33...and i need to update to the latest....how to do it??

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
hmm...

are there any applications we can install in psp.... i want to use it as a video player and for games...

and btw...i am also a psp lover now... :D

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
@ Ashu .. Gaurav is right , no updates from DA as of now on the 5.50 M33 :( , The news that is making rounds is Sony has changed some features in 5.50 OFW which DA is finding difficult to hack !

@ m-jeri , u kidding man ?? there's a hell lot of apps available for PSP .. That is what the CFW has been made for ! :)

BTW Guys , See This ::::: PSP 3000 On Verge Of Hacking

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^

The hack is for only home brew no ISO stuff...

and abt the apps..can u show some links or so

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^ That is we wanted , Tested and found working on TA-88v3 PSP S&L . Will try on 3000 Series when some friend of mine will purchase .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom