PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Didn't like PataPon much. :|

Trying out Prince of Persia Revelations soon. Burnout Legends is ok, NFS UnderCover is good.

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory's controls suck.

BTW how do I shut the PSP down and how do I get it to sleep. IT happens randomly in my case.. Short presses always get it to sleep, but long presses sometimes shut down and sometimes make it sleep. Any fixed method? I don't have the manual.

What conversion software do you use guys?? PSP Video9 videos are too bug. So is the case with PSP Magic as well.

Also list all the plugins that you guys use.

Just updated to the latest. v5.00 M33-4 . Working great.

Any way to play XVID/DIVX on PSP?

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thnx for ur quick reply bro !! actually i was askin abt 3.80 M33-5 .. is that stable and runs everything ?

Also can't i update the CFW on my own to 3.90 M33 ... m having the CFW files ( 3.90 M33-3 ) ...my main problem is that the modder told me not to upgrade any other version coz it will get the drivers corrupted .. is this true ?

Main cause for me is that whether it is safe to upgrade ( for a CFW noob like me ) or will i end up in bricking my PSP ?
Well, as tarey said tat its easy, but yaar y u wanna take a chance ???:rolleyes: Kuch gadbad ho gayi toh ??

Also, (as u said in ur prev post) tat modding costed u jus Rs.100/- naa ??? so yaar u can always spend one more Sau ka note and get urself a 3.90 m333 fw.. :) :D
You can easily upgrade to any custom firmware you want.
Although you will need Pandora battery if you want to downgrade.
Yup, rightly said.. :)

But i still prefer to take my PSP to a m0*der and get the PSP upgraded to a higher fw in future (if need be).. :) mann ki shanti,.,. :D
Didn't like PataPon much. :|

Trying out Prince of Persia Revelations soon. Burnout Legends is ok, NFS UnderCover is good.

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory's controls suck.

BTW how do I shut the PSP down and how do I get it to sleep. IT happens randomly in my case.. Short presses always get it to sleep, but long presses sometimes shut down and sometimes make it sleep. Any fixed method? I don't have the manual.

What conversion software do you use guys?? PSP Video9 videos are too bug. So is the case with PSP Magic as well.

Also list all the plugins that you guys use.

Just updated to the latest. v5.00 M33-4 . Working great.

Any way to play XVID/DIVX on PSP?
Well, Patapon is a 2d (sideways) kinda game wich many ppl loved adn sum didnt..btw after reading ur above reply it seems tat u wanna try out the games wich were released for the PC platform as well..and NOT exclusively for the PSP.. :)

But, yes everybody has different taste. :)

Yaa COD sucks, but if u wanna try the BEST and i mean the REAL BEST and the REAL BEAST of a game of Tactical Shooting then close ur eyes and jus get these following games...

1.) SOCOM Fireteam Bravo
2.) SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2
3.) SOCOM Tactical Strike
4.) Killzone liberation (an isotropic and top view kinda shooter game)
5.) Syphon Filter-Logan's Shadow
6.) Syphon Filter-Dark Mirror

If graphics, gameplay and awesome controls are wat u crave of, then the above titles will surely get u moving.. believe me.. :)
-------------

About the s/w I am using for converting movies for PSP, well i use "ImTOO Video Convertor"

Also, the plugins tat i hv on my PSP are as follows:
1.) Screenshot plugin ver1.2 (for taking in-game screenshots as well as any type of screenshots of the psp)
2.) Hold ver3.3 (to make the PSP play MP3 files while its being in HOLD a.k.a SLEEP (and NOT shutdown) mode, really saves the battery power)
3.) Bookr 0.7.1 (for reading PDF files onto my PSP, i use it to go thur my Adv Java Dumps (mock ques) wen im travelling :D )
4.) Music.prx plugin (for listening to my fav mp3 songs while playing a game IN PSP)
=================

Cheers n e-peace....

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
@ Ashu , problem doesn't lies in the fact of spending Rs 100 bux more , but i really don't like to go to Palika coz its arnd 1 hr from my house easily ! That's why m askin .. :(

I really didn't like the 3.80 M33-5 coz i got used to sum of the nice features in OF W 5.00 like the Sleep timer and other small options ... now they are absent in this CFW ....
can't i just upgrade to the 5.00 M33-4 ? are the basic plugins ( like Bookr , Hold , CXMB Themes ) easily available ??? Please recommend !

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

i see... hmmm..... (lemme put on THIS time, my thinking cap) :)

Well, all those plugins are AVAILABLE for the FW 5.00 (but u'll hv to search for them on google).. :)

Also, u can migrate from 3.80 to 5.00 (google for that) but wat i wanna ask is, tat u still wanna m*d ur PSP all by urself ?? pplz say its easy.. but if i were u i wudnt hv taken any chances..

The place of the m0*der from my house is like 2 hrs but i'll stiilll go to him if i was supposed to get my PSP modded... :)

Pathik

Google Bot
@BB, If its already modded, you can easily upgrade the FW in 2 mins.

Thanks Ashu.

BTW you giving the SCJP? When?

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i'm back to 5.00 m33-4, had 1.50 addon put on 3.90 m33-3 then it gave some problems and i couldn't play multiplayer and stuff so i upgraded to 5.00.
expanded my collection to 92 games,playing shawn white snowboarding now.give it a try it is a great game.
btw killzone liberation sucks, the camera and gameplay are not that great.
try chili con carnage, great game, not like socom, it doesn't have any instance of stelath, all tod phod.

Last edited:

shri

Always Fresh!
And Bookr doesn't work on 5.00 M33-4.

Bookr works perfectly. I'm uploading my working version. Here you go... Link

^^
but wat i wanna ask is, tat u still wanna m*d ur PSP all by urself ?? pplz say its easy.. but if i were u i wudnt hv taken any chances..

Once you have a CFW, upgrading to a higher version is as easy as opening a game.
1. Download the CFW (say 5.00 M33-4) from dark-alex's website. (232 kB)
2. Extract it into ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/
3. Download the OFW (5.00 original) from anywhere, rename the file to 500.PBP and place it in the same folder (26.5 MB).
4. The folder should now contain 2 files - 500.PBP (original firmware) and EBOOT.PBP (custom firmware)
5. Disconnect your PSP from the PC, run the program (Game-->Memory Stick-->PSP Update ver 5.00). No need to connect to Ac adapter, battery need not be fully charged.
6. Follow the instructions. Dont turn off or interrupt the process. It will be completed in about 5 mins.
7. Reboot (May happen automatically). Done!

Downgrading to a lower version of CFW (also initial moding) needs a pandora battery.
I dont have much idea about this.

Hope this helps... :)

Last edited:

BBThumbHealer

Thanks guys for all ur support n motivation :D ... Finally m too on CFW 3.90 M33-3 :) Now can i have a list of all the exciting plugins with their download links for my CFW ... m also lukin for sum interesting Custom Themes ..

Pathik

Google Bot
XMen Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse - 7/10

Need a better video conversion method. Tarey, Ashu, Shri, BB, list yours.

Last edited:

BBThumbHealer

^ I use the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate For conversion to PSP Format ... doesn't takes much time and quality is good too !

Guys , i m unable to get the CXMB Plugin to work .. actually when i enable that ( using Recovery Mode ) , automatically a Vista theme get applied in addition to my other custom theme ... like the icons of the two appear simultaneously ... i have transferred one CTF theme to my Theme directory but the theme doesn't shows up in the menu .. :(
Can any one help ...

Also , while surfing thru the net .. i came across the Recovery Flasher plugin which allows to downgrade to any other CFW without use of Pandora .. is it reliable ? anyone's tried it ??

Can u ppl recommend one nice Music n Video Player for PSP ? :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanks Ashu.

BTW you giving the SCJP? When?
Well, im planning to giv it maybe sumtime in mid Feb :) are u planning too ??? currently im reading those scjp 1.5 Dumps Qs :)

Didn't like Shawn White Snowboarding much.

And Bookr doesn't work on 5.00 M33-4.
Yup, many of the plugins are not updated to support 5.00+ fw so hence the problem..

I think the version of Bookr tat u were trying to use and the latest too was Bookr ver0.7.1

i'm back to 5.00 m33-4, had 1.50 addon put on 3.90 m33-3 then it gave some problems and i couldn't play multiplayer and stuff so i upgraded to 5.00.
expanded my collection to 92 games,playing shawn white snowboarding now.give it a try it is a great game.
btw killzone liberation sucks, the camera and gameplay are not that great.
try chili con carnage, great game, not like socom, it doesn't have any instance of stelath, all tod phod.
92 games ?? omg..
well i dnt knw how many i hv currently but i many be close.. :D
I loved Killzone (well yaa the sort of camera angle) an Isometric and top view camera angle seems to feel as if the game is childish and playing with mini puppets but sum of the missions (at the beginning itself) are really challenging.. :)
^^ Thats why we are still on 3.90 which has many compatible plugins/apps .
Ohh yeah... !!! tats the same reason y im also on the same boat as u are bro.. :D
Thanks guys for all ur support n motivation :D ... Finally m too on *FW 3.90 M33-3 :) Now can i have a list of all the exciting plugins with their download links for my CFW ... m also lukin for sum interesting Custom Themes ..
Congrats bhai.. for being on 3.90 m333 :)
XMen Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse - 7/10

I hv been using ImTOO Video Converter and it is slow :( (takes more than an hr wen system left on idle) to convert a 700MB movie into a PSP compatible (500MB) video..

List ur conversion rates guys along with the time taken..(wen system left on idle)
^ I use the Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate For conversion to PSP Format ... doesn't takes much time and quality is good too !

Guys , i m unable to get the CXMB Plugin to work .. actually when i enable that ( using Recovery Mode ) , automatically a Vista theme get applied in addition to my other custom theme ... like the icons of the two appear simultaneously ... i have transferred one CTF theme to my Theme directory but the theme doesn't shows up in the menu .. :(
Can any one help ...

Also , while surfing thru the net .. i came across the Recovery Flasher plugin which allows to downgrade to any other CFW without use of Pandora .. is it reliable ? anyone's tried it ??

Can u ppl recommend one nice Music n Video Player for PSP ? :)
For the cxmb, plz try and disable the plugin from the recovery mode and then try again.. also make sure there are NO ptf them in the THEMES folder (not tat they will interfere with the ctf ones) but still.. :)

If u still are annoyed, jus format the MSPD (wen it is inside ur PSP) after taking a backup of ur savegames profiles (u dnt wanna be playing all those leves again) and see wat happens.. i think tat shud eliminate the conflict completely.. :)

There is a music.prx plugin for the PSP (google for the same) Wich will let u listen to songs (even while playing ur game on the PSP) and also there is this very useful HOLD plugin (ver 3) wich will let u listen to songs after switching OFF the PSP to a standby mode by the help of the HOLD mode (put the PSP ON/OFF switch in reverse/down mode) to get ur PSP into HOLD (sleep) mode (wich is NOT OFF mode)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

shri

Always Fresh!

I just switched over to PSPVC 3.41 (pspvc.nswardh.com). Pretty simple to use, doesnt confuse with a lot of options and settings. Conversion speed is decent considering my PC config (AMD 64 3000+, 512 MB RAM), but with dual core processors it should be much better.
But mostly I download converted videos. Check your pm.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
^ Thanks. I don't mind the conversion time but most of the converted videos are bigger than their normal DIVX/ XVID sizes. Any way to reduce that without hampering the quality,?

shri

Always Fresh!
Set the video bit rate to 500-600 kbps. Audio 96kbps 44.1kHz sampling. And of course, lower the resolution.

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Good News ,
I dissected the faulty MSPD adapter that I got from Dealextreme.com with blade, repaired it and put it together with cello tape again, and now its working fine :D !! .
Only problem is that the adapter got fat as i applied brutal force to rip it apart and some amount of thickness is due to the cello tape, but i somehow managed to fit it into the PSP. :).

Playing Pursuit force Extreme justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.