PSP Go Finally Makes it to India

abhidev

Human Spambot
The PSP Go (or the PSP-N1000, whatever floats your boat), Sony’s latest iteration of the Playstation Portable has finally made it onto Indian store shelves. Having been launched worldwide in October 2009, this release marks the end of a long thirteen month delay.

Sony launched the PSP Go as a digital download alternative, and not as a successor, to the UMD drive featuring PSP-3000. This marks the biggest reason the device didn’t make it to India until now, because games for the PSP Go have to be bought from the Playstation Store, something India didn’t have - until that problem was rectified in October this year. Now with the Playstation Store up and fully functional, Sony had no reason to hold the device back and as expected, here it is.

*tech2.in.com/media/images/2010/Dec/img_282312_pspgo_450x360.jpg
The Go finally Comes to India

Onto the features now – the PSP Go has a 3.8-inch screen that runs at a resolution of 480x272, 16GB of internal storage (expandable to 32GB via a Memory Stick Micro M2 card) to compensate for the lack of a UMD drive, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0 and Bluetooth. Bluetooth connectivity means the device can be paired with Sixaxis or Dualshock controllers. However, the PSP Go lacks the functionality of the older PSPs that allowed users to remove the original battery and replace it with another. Also missing is the standard mini-USB interconnector, in its place is a proprietary design (d’oh).

Anyway, it seems Sony India is following in Sony UK and Sony Australia’s footsteps by offering 10 free games along with the console. The games which will be bundled are as follows:
Little Big Planet
Fifa World Cup
Gran Turismo
Assassin’s Creed
Motorstorm Arctic Edge
Need For Speed : Shift
WipEout Pure
Piyotama
Eye of Judgement
The PSP Go is available immediately for a price of Rs. 12,990.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
But if u mod it...will u be able to install games on it as I think the games will be available through playstation store...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, if you keep your discussions limited to how to jailbreak a PSP, those are allowed just like the iPhone/iPod touch.

Just don't talk about pirated games etc.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
well, if you keep your discussions limited to how to jailbreak a PSP, those are allowed just like the iPhone/iPod touch.

Just don't talk about pirated games etc.

If its directed towards me...then i didn't talk abt piracy at all...

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Guys my bro is coming over here from US in a couple of weeks..is the psp go really worth it?? Not majorly interested in gaming as i've jst bought a gaming rig..so should i ask him to get it for me or maybe go for a smartphone?

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
It is not at all directed at you. Just a general comment. If it was directed at you, I'd have quoted you.

Just asked buddy...well whats the diff in the earlier psp and this one except for a slide out panel...

dinjo_jo

Padawan
PSP Go does not requires UMD , PSP GO runs games directly from its memory and only way to get the games is from PSN store.

Top Bottom