PSP Buying

walve

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Its my first time in this forum. Do let me know if i posted anything wrong

I already own a PS2 & also do gaming on my desktop.

Was planning to get a PSP (E-1004 recently launched). Would like to know the gaming experience and if its worth buying.

Also while i was browsing dealer for prices, am getting the original for Rs 7000,
while the hacked for Rs 9000 approx. The dealer selling the hacked said that the warranty does not become void since the it is done on the memory ?

Do let me know your opinions.Thanks

firstly, if you can dont go for psp street(E-1004) or psp 3004... wait for ps vita to launch.. itz totally awesome (WARNING: it will nearly cost you 18k)
now if you still wanna go for psp street, let me tell ya that it doesnt have wifi n has only one speaker. the price you are quoting is way too high, last i heard of street, the price was nearly 6k.

now as for the hacking, theres no use of spending 2-3k on hacking, if you are good in googling you can do it yourself for free, but u have to be a lil careful.(PM me is you need any help)

lastly, yeah the hacking stuff is done on memory card, it never voids your warranty, you can always remove memory card and give it to sony. but no matter how u give to sony, they will always screw you up, either they will update your firmware to the latest one or they will entirely change your mobo or both. so in all warranty doesnt matter much if you are playing via memory card.

in my psp 3004, the umd slot is not functional since ages, but that doesnt give me any problem at all.

Sarath

iDota
Get a second hand PSP.

The E series can't be nodded

PS Vita will cost you almost 40000 over a period for the console and ten games. So ditch that.

WiFi model - 20000
Games- 2100 to 2800

Since you already own a PS2 why don't you buy a PS,3?

Get it new foe 17k or old for ?10?12?14k
Buy second hand games like me and you'll save a lot

Get a second hand PSP.

The E series can't be nodded

PS Vita will cost you almost 40000 over a period for the console and ten games. So ditch that.

WiFi model - 20000
Games- 2100 to 2800

Since you already own a PS2 why don't you buy a PS,3?

Get it new foe 17k or old for ?10?12?14k
Buy second hand games like me and you'll save a lot

ohh, didnt know that about E series, my bad.

@op yeah you can go for second hand psp, will cost you 5-6k...

CORRECTION: psp e-1004 is hackable. google it.
CFW 6.60 PRO-B10 on PSP E1000/GO/3000/2000/1000 [Tutorial] - YouTube

OP
W

walve

Thanks for the response guys

PS2 have owned from last 2 years, but not played much (hardly 5/6 games). Was even planning to sell it off Rs 4500 (I think have quoted it high)
Have put for selling on olx & quickr

PS3 is too high for my budget and even if I still get the console, games are too costly atleast for me.

I usually get time in the night to play for some while, so was planning to get it so I could play it quietly.

Wrt hack the local dealer said its available but will have to shell out 2002 more, he will be giving some games also.

Do similar games on PSP & PS2 have the same gameplan/missions.

Sarath

iDota
You are right about PS3. But you will get bored of the PSP soon. I don't own one but thats what current owners say.

Hey have you played on the PS2:
GoW 1 and 2
Most wanted
Burnout Dominator
Jak and Daxter 1,2? 3?
Crash Bandicoot
Resident Evil
GT4
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear
GTA

?

There are a ton of awesome games on PS2. Content wise I still feel the PS2 had better games than the PS3. The PS3 just has (much) better graphics and much shorter games.

Utilise the PS2 well. It still sells 2-3 years after it was destined to die. Which means it has tons of awesome content. Don't waste it.

I will send you a PM in a while

OT: Post count 2000 :p

never play ported games titles on psp... they suck... for example take nfs series... worst games ever... still there are few exceptions like burnout.

dude, if you want to buy, get a second hand... seriously, save money for other things, psp scene is dead... no more games, no fun... just have much older titles to play with.

OP
W

walve

thanks guys for your help...

PS2 - yes there are many games to explore which i haven't. Will think again if i really should sell.

PSP -Double minded, should buy or not. curious to explore & play games . need to think

Sarath

iDota
Don't miss out on the awesome games I have listed and more. Even I gave away my PS2 after just a few games but it was rewarding nevertheless. Do not send it packing just yet. A PSP is hardly going to replace it well. It complements it though.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Thanks for the response guys

PS2 have owned from last 2 years, but not played much (hardly 5/6 games). Was even planning to sell it off Rs 4500 (I think have quoted it high)
Have put for selling on olx & quickr

PS3 is too high for my budget and even if I still get the console, games are too costly atleast for me.

I usually get time in the night to play for some while, so was planning to get it so I could play it quietly.

Wrt hack the local dealer said its available but will have to shell out 2002 more, he will be giving some games also.

Do similar games on PSP & PS2 have the same gameplan/missions.

dont listen to the quintessential psp is **** spammers. BUY a PSP -3004
U CAN HACK IT UR SELF go to this site its a trusted site for psp custom firmware(basically ur psp's hacked os that lets u play p*r*t*d games)and other stuff like in game screenshots PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable
psp has ported versions of ps2 games. most psp games are short like 7-8 hrs play time
but do some research on how to hack ur psp before u attempt anything
psp cfw's are free
I OWN A PSP-3004 SYSTEM SOFTWARE 6.60 HACKED TO 6.60 PRO B9
if u hav any queries to psp haking mail/PM me

Top Bottom