PS3 to require 'adaptor' to use PSOne, PS2 memory cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

crookbond

Broken In
Sony's PlayStation 3 will play "thousands" of PSOne and PS2 titles, the company has claimed, but if players want to carry over saved games, they'll need to obtain a memory card adaptor first, the Sony US PS3 website has revealed.

The PS3 saves game-state data on its 20GB or 60GB hard drive as "virtual memory cards", the site indicates. Information held on physical memory cards taken from PSOne or PS2 machines has to be copied to a virtual equivalent before the PS3 will read it. To copy a card, you'll need an adaptor, the site adds.

Source : *www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/07/ps3_needs_ps2_memorycard_adaptor/

montylee

Journeyman
That's sad... but i think they had to do it bcoz of the transition from memory cards to harddisk based memory.

T

thunderbird.117

They wanted to make bucks. PS3 is a big failure. So there is no need to wait for PS series.

montylee

Journeyman
I am sure PS3 will be a big hit like PS1 and PS2.
Microsoft's XBOX 360 doesn't provide full backward compatibility and the XBOX games which u play on it have to be played from the beginning.
At least Sony is providing full backward compatibility. I think they shd provide the adapter free wtih PS3 but they won't...

Venom

Journeyman
I like the look of Xbox360 more than the PS3, it wins this round, atleast to me. You can flaunt an Xbox but not the common PS :p

montylee

Journeyman
I am just quoting the prices of the games for un-modded XBOX 360.
When PS3 arrives, only original games will be available for it bcoz it won't be modded initially and that's why it will burn a hole in owner's pocket.

runeet

Broken In
u know i think that there arent gonna be any modded consoles, coz its been a while since 360 has launched but still there is no workable, relaible modchip available for it. also whos the moron who said that ps3 will be flop, he needs his ass tobe whipped, mayby ps3 will not exactly dissappear off the shelves bcoz of its heavy price but over some time it will sell like hot cakes. they hav many succeful franchises in their name and on the other hand xbox hsa only 2-3 franchises.

montylee said:
I am just quoting the prices of the games for un-modded XBOX 360.
When PS3 arrives, only original games will be available for it bcoz it won't be modded initially and that's why it will burn a hole in owner's pocket.

haha.. I've seen quite a few xbox 360 games up for download (can be run by a firmware hack!)

prankie

D PrankMaster
PS3 will sport a bluray drive... so if somehow someone makes a modchip for PS3 then also pirated games wud cost a lot, because bluray disc's are'nt cheap...

prankie

D PrankMaster
cheap huh... lets see the price fall till next yr.. currently blank bluray disc sells for arnd $19.94 (approx 920Rs)...

tinku dhar

In the zone
well wateva .. ,

u all guys say ... but now the PS3 and XBOX 360 r DAMN costly .. :(
as specially INDIAN market always cost like 3 to 4000 more :(

THNX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom