PS3 or XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i'm thinking of buying a console and cant seem to decide bet PS3 & XBox 360.
i can mod the 360 and play THOSE games but wud be getting a Blu ray drive in the ps3.

the games that i mostly play on pc r fps or tps.

so according to u all which 1 sud i get.

PS3 wud cost me 22.9k from Sony Center and XBox after modding wud cost me bout 20-22k.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You are aware that modding the console directly voids the warranty right?

And with such a high failure rate, trust me, modding is the last thing you would want with a 360.

I would suggest getting a PS3.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^None have been spotted in India. Not to mention sparsely available models in US alone, there's a high chance he won't land up with one. Although a person over TE forums has got a Jasper model from US. Also Jasper is not RRoD proof. It hasn't been used long enough by anyone to be proved as a fact. But with a lower fabricated core design, it does have a chance of low failure rate, but not saying it wouldn't fail at all.

India still provides the older models in the Core system but the Premium ones atleast have Falcon based chips. Then again if he wants to mod it then it's a huge risk to take.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i dont think the jaspers hav hit the Kolkata grey market or hav they?
also is it better to get the ps3 from Sony Center for 22.9k or from the grey for 18k?
i'm wats the failure rate of ps3?

Get a PS3 with your eyes closed. It's undoubtedly the best console in the market. It has many advantages over Xbox 360,to name a few:
1.Free online multiplayer,demos and trailers,just need to sign up for Playstation network. It's paid on 360.
2.Blu-Ray! Need one say more?
3.Better storage,40GB and upgradable without having to care about the warranty.Even upto 320GB! Just buy a 2.5" lappy hard drive and replace it with the default one.(refer to ps3 faqs for more info) This option is not there in 360. I'll also upgrade after I bust up my 40GBs:D
4.Awesome games!!
The only drawback is that it is unmoddable which makes me like it even more. :D Don't like pirating games for my PS3.
PS:I own both Xbox 360 and PS3 and for me me PS3 FTW!
Get one with the warranty and play with peace of mind.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^^ i dont think the jaspers hav hit the Kolkata grey market or hav they?
also is it better to get the ps3 from Sony Center for 22.9k or from the grey for 18k?
i'm wats the failure rate of ps3?
Jaspers haven't even been anywhere near the Indian shores. You can try ordering from someone from the States but that would again mean no Indian warranty.

Get a PS3 from Croma showroom & pay Rs. 750 extra for a extended 2 year warranty. That would be almost the same as the 360's warranty period. Infact that would be better than it as the extended period for PS3 covers the whole console & for the 360 the 3 year warranty is only for RRoD. So if your 360 decides to cough up with some other issues apart from RRoD after 1 year then you'll have additional charges to incur.

PS3's failure rate are present. There have been reports claiming that it's Blu-Ray drives stop reading altogether. But this isn't extremely widespread as the RRoD situation. Bottom line being buy a console with Indian Warranty.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^My friend & a lot of other people, who have got it from Croma, have got an extended 2 year warranty for Rs. 750. Not sure about other retails outlets.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Seems PS3 is a better choice. Its future proof too. My X360 was fried in <1yr time so I wouldnt recommand it. If you have money to splurge on games every month then go for PS3.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Check with the outlet where you got it from. AFAIK it's probably a 'Croma only' offer. Not sure though. You'll have to check.

@sunny121993:
1.Free online multiplayer,demos and trailers,just need to sign up for Playstation network.
Hey! can any (U.S or Europe) PSN be accessed from India, if yes try getting R.E 5 or Killzone 2 demo(when released).It would be nice to have some desi opinions on them.

The only drawback is that it is unmoddable which makes me like it even more. Don't like pirating games for my PS3.
You are kidding right :).

^^
Yeah would try them out,I have 2 PSN accounts,India and USA:D

No I ain't kidding. It feels better buying original and the deserving rather than pirating each and every game that comes out.

Well the only thing I meant was that it was funny that you liked PS3 because it wouldn't play pirated games which you weren't going to buy anyway :D, but anyways.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
still havent bought either of these.
have spent the money on a HTC Touch Diamond.maybe i'll buy 1 this Tuesday if i dont buy the Omnia/C905/Innov8.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom