PS3 Helping ManKind!!!!(NO KIDDING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgy_Can

Broken In
Hey guys,

Wait wait Don't Post anyting Saying " hey georgy WTF r u posting on this form about PS3".... or something.This is not a joke or Something it is true.
Sony has developed a Program called "folding@home".The Owners of PS3 Console can [download or maybe it comes installed on Linux], this software and when they are not using their PS3 they can start this application and it will go online take a assignment from the master server to help do complex calculations to find other stars in the universe or do some mathematics to find a cure for several diseases for what no cure is found yet.The Users can Even see what their PS3 is researching about with a Live 3D Animation done by "The RSX GPU from Nvidia". Thanks to Sony and Cell Processor in PS3 that Can Calculate Complex Calculations like a Supercomputer and can help Man kind.

The First Time I read this I was shocked and was surprised why Sony Corporation Would do that.It may be Also helpfull to Sony but No Company On this Earth thinks that Seriously about helping then what Sony Did by Puting togather their Money to Make this feature For the PS3.This would be the Best Application that PS3 would Run other Than Games.

After reading this I thought I found Just another Reason to buy a PS3.Since I always Think about Doing Something Great Here in Canada That would Help India and Indians in Some way and I think This the Best thing I could ever do cause 1 of the major problems halting India's development is money spent on curring people and stuff.More than 5.5million Poeple are Infected With Aids (in India right now, worlds largest # of infected people) and if people don't take care then it can increase by 4 times in a year.So India would probably have to spend millions of dollars to this project that could have been used in other fields like education etc.

This could be other way to make people Buy PS3 but atlast I will be used for something Usefull.

Link Explaining folding@home Software:

*psinext.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=653

@ Wikipedia:

Playstation 3

Stanford recently announced that a folding client will be available to run on the PlayStation 3 cell processor[3]. It is estimated that with the addition of aproximatly 10,000 machines the folding@home project would be able to reach petaflop scale.

Link:

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

To Download it on to ur PC here is the Link :

*folding.stanford.edu/download.html

I am not forcing anybody to do that but I just got a feeling to tell everyone here that's good for everyone.
[NOTE:It will run in the Background when the system is in idle.]

Please Reply!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sysrq

Banned
atleast in india , and considering normal middle level living in india ,the indians isp's must provide some sort of free bandwidth[for software] to each home or home with ps3 so that every user can think of leaving there PS3 on+online.if that happens then it would be great coz ps3 is more or less small size super computer.

Sykora

I see right through you.
It's not just the PS3 either, although the fact that gaming consoles have other uses is good too. There are many programs including SETI@home and The Mersenne search that use networked computer idletime to get large tasks done -- distributed computing.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hey georgy WTF r u posting on this form about PS3!!! :p

just kidding , nice piece of info . Still i have a very big reason not to buy a PS3/xbox360 coz the prices are insane , the Indian parent mentality would never agree to buy a 25k+ console to their kids for GAMING Purposes they will either buy a pc for the kids , its easy to convince parents for a PC rather than a console , that's y so many PC gamers in India.
Thanks to the shi**y so called broadband available in India which is no use to the live services the consoles offer . response time when i ping my bsnl server is 90ms (how pathetic) ,the first hop to the server is 90ms think abt the rest urself. BSNL should remove from its site that their connection can be used for online gaming . yes those who like crappy lags can enjoy.

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
hey tarey I can can understand ur feelings about the Internet In india coz once I Used Dial up here in canada and wasn't disconnecting or something but was preety slow.

I thought I would get lots of replies.

If u read this whole Article or whatever Posted by ME please do reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom