PS2: NFS Most Wanted Black Edition problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I have just started playing need for speed most wanted black edition. I am facing an issue. In the very first race against a yellow car, when i have completed approx 57% of track,there is a right turn. Here i cannot see any road and just after the turn screen freezes with car still visible on screen and the three lights and loading comes on screen. After around 8 seconds the game resumes at the same position but my car's speed is now zero and it comes blinking on the screen (similar to when we get a new car after a crash). In the mean time the other car speeds away and i lose. Why is this happening ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Dude please read the title before posting.He clearly mentioned it's the PS2 version & not the PC one.

Rak, I have replied to your post on TE too.I have a strange feeling that this is a glicthy copy.If you can try another copy & see how it works.Else try it on another PS2.Also let me know does any other quick race face the same issue?

Renny

Padawan
Is it pirated? If so thats the reason,

Or the media might me corrupt, make an ISO of it and burn it at 4x on to a DVD.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
better try it on any other ps2 if it doesn't work then get a new one or if it works then there is problem in your ps2

Renny

Padawan
Most probably it wont be a PS2 problem,

I had the same issues with Harry Potter-3 , all I did was burn it to a new DVD, and thats it the game worked fine.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
oh sorry i was in a hurry. i will certainly b more careful in the future. i regret any inconvinience i may have caused.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
I have burned the game on a DVD-RW. The reason for doing the same was that the *ahem* DVD that i got was not running properly in the PS2. The spinning sound of the disc was coming (louder than normal) and nothing was happening on the screen. I will again try with a different DVD-RW and see if it works :)

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Thanks for all the suggestion. There was a problem with the DVD media i suppose. I copied the DVD to another DVD-RW and it works fine now and i also lost the race with razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom