PS2 Help needed!!

mandar5

Youngling
Hi guys i own 3yr old slim ps2 modded one.I have noticed it has become slow in loading certain games like svr 2007-08,burnout revenge...is the memory card to blame??how to format my 8mb memory card?also few game dvd which worked fine year ago like tekken5 are not detected at all!!plz help me guys...thanks....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It has nothing to do with the memory card. The memory card is only there for saving and loading saved games. It does not handle the loading process, per se. It's the lens which has worn out. If you have been using scratched DVD's in it, then this might have hampered the performance. It's either that or the DVD's are in a bad shape.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
lens cleaner dvd may work??and Ethan u r rite few of my dvds were scratched badly...
Lens cleaner is only a temporary solution. If the lens is seriously busted, then you'll have no choice but to replace it. The cost varies from dealer to dealer. Make sure you get an original one even if it costs a bit more. Also if you're DVD's are badly scratched, don't use them in the console. Better make a back up of them on your PC and re-write them on a fresh DVD.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
if i replace the lens willit play pirated dvds??approximate cost can u mention in mumbai?do u know any trusted dealer in mumbai??Thanks buddy for info!!!

anand_nayyar

Right off the assembly line
Dear

it is better to clean the lens and get the lens of your ps2 checked up and it is better to check the dvd when you purchase it some are having very low quality it si better to avaoid them
or if you can find any better quality dvd burn the dvd on another plain dvd and you can enjoy the games...

Regards
ANAND NAYYAR

you can mail me your querries at anand_nayyar@yahoo.co.in

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
thanks Anand bhai for info..the problem is that..i dont know any1 who checks/repairs ps2 lens...do u know 1???

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
m grandparents stay at borivli at rajendra nagar,borivli east...when i will visit them i can get my ps2 repaired there..plz tell me wheres the shop???how much would be cost???thanks....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Mandar, I have PM'd you the shop details. Try calling them up before hard and ask them if they carry out repair jobs. If yes, then how long should it ideally take them to change the lens to an original one. They would guide you accordingly. I have no idea what the cost would be like, as I have never required a lens change.

rohanz

Journeyman
hey u can clean it urself and check if it is running

it also may be because of scratched dvds

there is a setting to increase/decrease the speed of the cd reading..in the settings menu of ps2..try changing it to fast/slow reading time..My ps2 was giving me problem while reading dvds..I changed the settings and till now its working well.

Top Bottom