Protect yourself from Stalkers and Worms (The Bad Guys)

Did u like my tutorial?

• Good one. Keep going. But I cant say its outstanding.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I cant say it was a good one, but it could be better.

• You call this a tutorial. Even my 4 year old sis knows better.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The CyberShot

Broken In
The main points to keep into consideration while you attempt to protect yourself are :

1. Never use IE, (Internet Explorer) especially in Cybercafés.
2. Never forget my first point, NEVER.
3. Always empty your Browser Cache.
4. Always empty your Temporary Files Directory.
5. Use ‘Sign Out’ for heaven’s sake.

6. Before getting started on your wok, press CTRL+U, CTRL+K, CTRL+SHIFT+K, CTRL+SHIFT+U. By doing this, you MAY come to know if any Keyloggers are present in the system.(Note that this method does not work always. The hotkeys I mentioned above were the regular hotkeys to unhide the keylogger. If it was present in your system. The stalker can change these hotkeys if he wishes to, so there is no guarantee that you may find the hidden keylogger. But most stalkers won’t bother changing the default settings, because they, usually tend to think that you may not get a hint of their act. Actually, they’re right, c\because before reading this tutorial, I bet only a handful of you knew about keyloggers.)
7. Use only SSL sites for monetary transactions and logging into bank accounts.

8. While posting your email ID on your website or blog, use this format :
Username_At_Pr0vid3r.C0m
Doing this may result into fooling the email tracking bots, which may result into lesser SPAM.

9. Make a habit to use a signature while writing email. Every single email you write, should contain your signature. Your signature can be your Favorite quote, your name, your last name, etc. The format for your signature
should be : _____________
TheCyberShot
NOTE : By doing this, u MAY get to know if your computer is infected by a worm. How? It’s Simple, if your computer was infected, then probably the worm was sending dozens of mail under your name. Ask your friends to inform you if they ever receive a mail from you which does not contain your signature, because, probably, the mail they received was sent to them by a Computer Worm. (Also, don’t use the ‘Signature’ feature available with email clients, which automatically inserts your signature with the mails you send. Using this feature defeats the whole purpose of this trick.)

10. Last, but not the least, have Avast! Antivirus installed n your system. Avast! Is free and is a very good antivirus. It scans all processes in real-time, so the chances of having a virus in your system are slim. Also install Spybot S&D and enable the TeaTimer. Spybot is great, but it’s TeaTimer which really interests me. It scans all processes as well as registry changes, so you are always alerted if that pesky program is up to something naughty.

kunaltech

Journeyman
how do i enable tea timer as i m using spybot since long time but i dint come across this can u tell me

Last edited:
OP
The CyberShot

The CyberShot

Broken In
Kunal, TeaTimer is an extension in Spybot. It scans all processes in realtime and examines them for spyware or malware. It also monitors Registry Changes and it asks for your permission before changing any keys.
Well, thanks for spending your precious time, viewing my tutorial.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom