prostreet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
prostreet demo problem.

greetings friends.

well first i must tell you that i am not a hardcore gamer.i want to play games at decent frames in mid settings at 640x480 or 800x600 resolutions.

guys i have a problem.i got my new card few days back.well when i played bioshock with it. the game automatically made the settings(default) almost high at 1024x768 resolutions.and the frame rate was also good.around 18 -20 fp/s. but after lowering the resolution to 800x600 it was also delivering playable frame rates.

when i played tom clancys graw3.the result was same.the game set itself to almost high settings at 800x600 resolutions.but i turned off the antialiasing and it was also delivering playable frame rates.

but when i started nfs prostreet demo.the game set itself to very low settings(default).at 640x480 resolutions.

and at that resolution also with the low settings i was getting very low frame rates.almost unplayable.8-10 fp/s.

(i have not updated my graphic drivers.i installed them from the cd which i got with the card.)

and how should i update my gfx drivers.i mean should i go to nvidia and type gfx drivers for 8500gt.or does it require any other model code.

what may be the problem. is my card that bad that it cannot play the prostreet at lowest settings also.:(

here is my card's features.*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...ce™+8500&productConfigurationId=1385708

please help.

Last edited:

bkpeerless

In the zone
Re: is my 8500gt card not at all good?

increase ram it will help otherwise my macine was playing pstrreet all high at 600* 400

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

just go to nvidia home page and select drivers/geforce/8 series/win XP or vista as in ur case/go
it ll take u to latest driver dl page

*us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/169.21/169.21_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have a strange feeling the CPU is somewhat being a bottleneck or again maybe it's the drivers.Pro-Street should run at low settings on that card very easily with playable frame rates.

OP
quan chi

quan chi

mortal kombat

increase ram it will help otherwise my macine was playing pstrreet all high at 600* 400

well do you have windows vista??

because at lowest or lowermost settings only i am getting framerates that too playable.

at high settings also at 640x480 i get very less frame rates.

what was the default settings of your game.(the settings detected by the system at first.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom