Promoting from Blog to Website! Suggestions needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Guys, I have my blog [edit:closed blogger]. My friends suggested that the content of the blog suits for a website. It was in my mind for many days. Now I have decided to have my own domain. But, I am a noob in the area of webhosting.

Giuys, Please suggest/advice me with valuable information regarding it, costs involved, etccccc

Recently Vishal has done it with Saurav & Navjot. I appreciate for any help from Saurav and Navjot. Anandji also has his website. Recommendations from him also will be valuable.

Thanks & Regards,
Kiran

Last edited:

ahref

In the zone
A domain cost between Rs 300 to 400 yearly
And you can also get decent hosting between Rs 500 and Rs 1000 yearly

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes.........domain cost B/W 300-400.

If you want to buy from me...I will give a .com for Rs. 350.
And 100 Mb space , 2 Gb bandwidth/Month ..All Unlimited features(E-mails IDs, Parked domain name, Addon domain name, database..and many)..for Rs. 300/- per year.

Server:
powerful Dual CPU Quad Core Clovertown Xeon (8 logical CPU's) machines with 4GB of RAM.
I will do Daily and weekly backup of your website.

If your site is not up for 99.9 % of time..I will return your money.

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
@kiran
Yahoo Domains offer .com domains for 1.99$ only...buy from them and transfer to other domain provider..this will save you around 250 bucks...
regarding website I think you should go for Wordpress as it is the best blogging platform...nothing beats it...
As fas as hosting is concerned you can get free as well as paid hosting...depends on your budget...
i can help you in setting it up if you like....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yahoo domain activation takes around 4-5 days.
They register in bulk...of all 4-5 days.Thats why they can offer at this price.Also ..I don't think they let you transfer your domain name easily.

Also transferring domain name from yahoo is not a easy task.Because all we domain seller are direct i customer....but I think yahoo is not associated with direct i.

So,transfer of domain name will take another 4-5 days.

And yahoo cost for first yr looks good.than they are crap.For second yr you need to pay 9.99 US $ (Rs. 400/-)....and they charge extra for all services like who is privacy.

Hey..I think yahoo is also selling domain name for $9.95 per year.I think their offer is closed now.Look at this page
*smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/

Last edited:

ahref

In the zone
Ravi directi is not the only ICANN accredited Registrar and all domain seller or reseller need not to be associated with directi.

Probably yahoo has ICANN accrediation.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
ahref said:
Ravi directi is not the only ICANN accredited Registrar and all domain seller or reseller need not to be associated with directi.

Probably yahoo has ICANN accrediation.
But I think in that case it takes time.

Is yahoo still offering domain @1.99 $

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yahoo sells for MelbourneIT and Yahoo Domains is not instant but it doesnt take that much time either :) and Yes Ravi, they are

Kiran, you can also check my hosting packages at :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66717

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^look at this link.
yahoo is selling at $9.95/per yr
*smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/
can you mention the link where yahoo is selling for 1.99 $..or plz mention the discount coupon code of yahoo (if any)

Last edited:

shashank4u

Youngling
^yahoo offers domains at that much low price only for 1-2 days as offer also if you are going to purchase there are hidden costs that you ll have to pay during the payment process..still you can get domain from yahoo @3.99 after extra costs...that kinda offer is arbitrary

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
What hidden costs ????Please share :confused:

As for Link, here you go Ravi :)
*smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL&AID=10435430&PID=2587944

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
shashank4u said:
^yahoo offers domains at that much low price only for 1-2 days as offer also if you are going to purchase there are hidden costs that you ll have to pay during the payment process..still you can get domain from yahoo @3.99 after extra costs...that kinda offer is arbitrary

how would one know that 1-2 days..when yahoo offer is open.For that I think one need to keep close look regularly on yahoo website :D

shashank4u

Youngling
there is a one dollar extra charge i don't remember what was it for...

Yahoo is not recommended in terms of domain.

You Hoster guys let Kiran tech mania breath a little bit...looks like he is afraid of your posts :D

For hosting i would recommend Ravi or Ewebguru both r equally good and close friends of mine.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
What hidden costs ????Please share :confused:

As for Link, here you go Ravi :)
*smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL&AID=10435430&PID=2587944

yes..it is available for 1.99 $ for the first yr.I think this can be a good deal..because it include DNS control also.We charge extra Rs. 40 for DNS control.

If yahoo domain can be transferred ..to another registrar..than this is cool deal :)

But to avail this offer one need to wait for 4-5 days after ordering.Because yahoo register in bulk of all 4-5 days domains.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
shashank4u said:
there is a one dollar extra charge i don't remember what was it for...
1$ charge is for WHOIS protection which is optional ;)

how would one know that 1-2 days..when yahoo offer is open.For that I think one need to keep close look regularly on yahoo website
The Yahoo domain offer is going since a long time. Yahoo is actually losing money for first year of registration, the must be at Breakeven in second year so i have no clue why they are doing this. No answers from me on this Marketing stategy :confused:

yes..it is available for 1.99 $ for the first yr.I think this can be a good deal..because it include DNS control also.We charge extra Rs. 40 for DNS control.

If yahoo domain can be transferred ..to another registrar..than this is cool deal :smile:
1. Yep, it is but there are plenty of FREE DNS Managment provides and 95% people dont need it anyhow and yes it can transferred after 60 days :)

But to avail this offer one need to wait for 4-5 days after ordering.Because yahoo register in bulk of all 4-5 days domains.

No offence, but this is not true :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Yahoo exists to make money and although their domain names are cheap, they will have a very clever trick up their sleeve. Their grand idea is to attract new customers by selling at low prices.

I have heard some where that their renewal price is sometimes $14.

Also heard that:
transferring a domain from Yahoo is like impossible. Which means if you wanna renew it, your stuck with them.They will lock your domain name..and will not give you control to unlock the domain name.

Anyone here having experience with yahoo domain name(renew and transfer).Please come up....post your experience

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Stop your fights and discussions here...i think kiran asked for help...
Some straight forward facts...
Yahoo domain registration is almost instant...but you can change nameservers only after 4-5 days...
Any domain can be transfered to a new registrar only after 60 days and yahoo domain is no exception and there is no hassle in transferring it...
therefore I suggested yahoo domains coz it saves 250 bucks and after 60 days you get all features and have full control over your domain...
And yes 1.99$ yahoo domains offer is applicable through gift coupons and codes which are available all over the net...
Even askvg.com is registered with Y! Domains...I myself have a domain with Y! Domain...
Hope this clears things out...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^
thanks for sharing your experience about yahoo. And dear we are not fighting here. We are just making conclusion on yahoo domain service.

We all here are good friend..personally I dont think I have any competition with yahoo or with anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom