professional email services

Status
Not open for further replies.

buntythecool

Broken In
Hi

I am working as a tech support person in a small company. There are only 100 users. I have taken google apps' free email service for my company' s domain but management is expecting to much from this service. Google Apps is providing POP3 as well as IMAP to there users. We are using POP3. I am having 512Kbps two internet connections at my office which is shared between all this users. I am facing following problem:
1. Heavy attachments take time to get delivered. It is getting stuck in outbox. Every user sends more that 10 to 15 files which are greater than 5Mb each day.
2. Google team is using there own spam control system. Due to that some times my imp mails get marked as spam and I cant download the spam folder in outlook as I am using POP3. For downloading spam I must use IMAP which is not possible due to less bandwidth.

I want to ask u all tech guys, what should I expect from google team?
I have worked out for dedicated email service which is costing me around 3.5l p.a. But then also how to solve the problem of big attachments as in dedicated service they are giving me 1mbps pipe which is not sufficient?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
3.5L pa is okay price if you ask me but tell me this .. Do all of your users gonna share the same network ? Or your users will connect to VPN and access the mail ..? If they connect using VPN, their last mile bandwidth will play a major role .
But if all of them are on a same network (be it a WAN), then you can host your email server yourself .. I'd recommend Lotus here (the cost can be a hurdle here though) ..

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Can someone care to explain how this Microsoft Exchange server thing works? What is the infrastructure required to run this?

OP
B

buntythecool

Broken In
Thanks for reply it_waaznt_me*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=154. I am going to use qmail if I get an opportunity to have my own server as microsoft exchange is not that much reliable. I have so many question regarding this...but not getting proper guidance...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you're looking for going for your own mail servers then you can refer to this thread - *lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2008-May/175713.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom