Processor price confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatinkompelli

Broken In
Hi everyone

I want to know is amd 64 x2 4200+ is better than Fx53 or Fx55,if yes than why the price of Fx is costlier than x2. :?:

plz reply soon.[/b]

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
The X2 series is better at multi-tasking. The FX series is better at gaming. Buy according to your target application.
I'd advise you to get a X2 series proccy because they are only marginally behind the FX series in gaming but much better when you run several programs at once. Maybe future games will run better with the X2 series once developers incorporate multi-threading in games.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Because it is the absolute fastest processor for gaming. Hardcore gamers don't mind shelling out the extra cash to buy it.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
x2 buddy any day think of it like this
with fx which is clocke at 2.8 ghz is the fstest processor from amd but it is too expensive and produces more heat then dual core plus muti taking and applictionwhich can use use mutile threads or cores wont benfit from fx

the extra frames in games is not worth the money

x2 on other hand is cheap fast it has two cores at 2.2 hgz think of all the advantages u can have especailly for mutiple tasking
i have a x2 and men dose it perfrom in game it would be a wise person obuious choice beeter yet u can wait for 3800 x2 will sonn hit the market and will cost u less if u are not in hurry

OP
J

jatinkompelli

Broken In
thank's buddy for ur advice & i think i will wait for some time till x2 hit the market & will be available at cheaper rates as compared to now. :D

Kniwor

Learner
jatinkompelli said:
thank's buddy for ur advice & i think i will wait for some time till x2 hit the market & will be available at cheaper rates as compared to now. :D
wise decision..

quad master

In the zone
Single Cores
Venice Core
No need to buy a FX Series u could get a the NonFX
one also i.e. 3000+ , 3200+ , 3500+
San Deigo Core
If u want the perf of FX from nonFX then go for
SD Core proccy the best bet is 3700+ cost Rs18K

The FX series is not worth for what its charged.
The only difference between FX and NonFX is the unlocked multipler for overclocking on the FX series.

And if you want to do multitasking then get a Dual
Core proccy i.e. the X2
The lowering of the price for X2 will take time as it
has just arrived.

Kniwor

Learner
quad master said:
The only difference between FX and NonFX is the unlocked multipler for overclocking on the FX series.

I strongly object u here, this is not the case.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
quad master said:

then wat is the case? :p
If u are lucky enough to get a Sandeigo ....there's absolutely no difference with the fx procs!
SD 3700 = FX51
SD 4000 = FX53 but with locked upward multiplier

funkymonkey

Journeyman
seriously now with new SD core there is no difference on the core side between the FX and normal SD series except the multiplier lock.
The old FX series had strained silicon. Thats not the case anymore.
Both FX and San Diego core have 1MB L2 cache.
I have overclocked my 3700+ past FX 55 and 57 speeds. Now thats what you call value for money. The FX55/57 performance at 1/3rd the cost.

Kniwor

Learner
Ringwraith said:
Kniwor said:
quad master said:

then wat is the case? :p
If u are lucky enough to get a Sandeigo ....there's absolutely no difference with the fx procs!
SD 3700 = FX51
SD 4000 = FX53 but with locked upward multiplier

The comparision isn't done good enough, because you're comparing a Rev. E Processor with all its upgrades against an ancient Athlon 64 FX-51, that besides, uses Socket 940 (You take a little of a performance hit because you must use Buffered Memory Modules that are slower, though that is noticeable in Benchmrks and shouldn't have impact on real life). The most accurate comparision should be bewthem an Athlon 64 4000+ (Clawhammer) and a Socket 939 Athlon 64 FX-53 (Clawhammer too), where the diference is only the Unlocked Multiplier. But this was not the scene earlier and FX were justified, i dont know why still they are charging that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom