processor heating problem

rahulrk

Right off the assembly line
I'm using a pavillion g6 2005ax laptop. On normal use my cpu temp is around 85 to 90 degee,and on playing games like nfs mw2 it goes upto 120 degree (without dual graphics), so is it okay or I should go for a cooling pad.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
85-90 should be the temp under load. you don't need a cooling pad, you need to call HP and ask them to send someone to check whats cooking inside your laptop.

download and run HWMonitor and check if your reading matches with these. yours should be lot lower. these were taken in summer days with heat soaring at 40.

*i.imgur.com/azB4O.jpg

nandu26

In the zone
@Sam - Which laptop you are using. wear level is 0%. I have seen readers who report9% wear level for turbo 15R.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
@OP
I had a similar issue on my dv6 a few days ago...It was a windows update issue,and at idle,my processor was arnd 90'C,and power consumed by proccy was 35-40W.Mind you this was at idle.It was solved after recovery.
I guess a similar story in ur case.Do you feel very slow startups too after boot screen??

OP
R

rahulrk

Right off the assembly line
The readings which I gave above is from HW Monitor,startup time is 35 sec which is ok. Windows update cannot be a problem in my case bcoz I did a fresh installation last week and havent updated it since,anyways I'm calling hp cust care.

Top Bottom