Processor/CPU News Channel

Because most of them are talking about Wraith Prism which is a good cooler not Wraith Stealth. Enthusiasts on forums always talk about the high end stuff and AMD is better in that segment. But most Indians don't buy that expensive stuff.
Many do own R5 3600, it is just a great value for money CPU now. I'm talking about such people as the inclusion of box cooler is considered a big advantage for AMD against Intel K/KF CPUs even if they are priced the same. I have seen many pair it with even something like RTX 2070S for 1440p gaming, surely does the job well.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-4000-renoir-desktop-benchmarks

Ryzen 7 4700G with 8 cores + SMT + iGPU.

That 90% "uplift" is CPU performance uplift over 4 cores. (saved you a click)

OP
chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i3-10100/21.html

*tpucdn.com/review/intel-core-i3-10100/images/relative-performance-cpu.png*tpucdn.com/review/intel-core-i3-10100/images/relative-performance-games-38410-2160.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems good processor but unless there are good 6-7k priced mid series mobo(like some cheap decent quality B360 mobos used to be available earlier) with 6 sata ports I still think sticking to ryzen is better.

4K gamers are very few. No one in their sane mind would pair an i3 with RTX 2080Ti for 4K gaming. Those with high-end PCs prefer 1440p 144Hz for a reason, which is, balance between resolution & high refresh rate at a good price.

For 1080p, that i3 performs similar to R3 3300X but Ryzen is cheaper considering US price. Also thing about mobos said earlier is true as well, so 3300X is the better choice.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like TPU's review format, but I think these CPUs could have been reviewed in one article.

OP
chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*www.techpowerup.com/268260/hwinfos...ow-motherboard-makers-are-cheating-ryzen-cpus

*www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/expla...er-reporting-deviation-metric-in-hwinfo.6456/

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
*www.pcgamer.com/eternal-darkness-flaw-in-windows-10-sounds-scary-as-hell-best-to-patch-it-now/
Can anyone clarify about this please ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.pcgamer.com/eternal-darkness-flaw-in-windows-10-sounds-scary-as-hell-best-to-patch-it-now/
Can anyone clarify about this please ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
SMB protocol is basically used for network file sharing especially with other systems running different versions of windows.

*www.laptopmag.com/news/dun-dun-dun-eternal-darkness-flaw-threatens-windows-10-pcs-what-to-do
That said, Microsoft wrote in a security advisory that the vulnerability exists in a new feature that was added to Windows 10 version 1903 (released on May 27), and, therefore, older versions of Windows aren't in danger.
:lol: It means those running LTSC 2019(based on win 10 v1809) are safe.

You can install just the patch for this flaw from here:
*portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2020-0796

quicky008

Technomancer
downloaded the standalone patch but it says its not applicable to my windows(v 1909).

I haven't updated my win installation since april of this year.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
downloaded the standalone patch but it says its not applicable to my windows(v 1909).

I haven't updated my win installation since april of this year.
If you are indeed downloading the correct version of patch for your win 10 version then probably it is already installed in some auto update you missed or some win 10 update in Apr.

OP
chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Core i9-10900 coolest CPU

*tpucdn.com/review/intel-core-i9-10900/images/cpu-temperature.png

*www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i9-10900/19.html

Top Bottom