Problems with windows XP & PC Cillin Internet Security 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two problems bugging me for last few days. I ve Windows XP with SP2, AMD Sempron 2400+, 512 MB RAM and ASUS A7V400MX SE.

The first problem is whenever i point to "Send to" menu of my right-click context menu, the system hangs...but regains the "consiuosness" after few minutes. I changed the menu delay using some software to 100ms, but i dont face this problem with other menus.

The second problem is whenever i try to autoupdate the virus patterns of PC Cillin Internet Seurity 2005, it throws an error message "An error occured while trying to connect to the internet. Check your internet connection and try again. If you connect to the internet using the proxy server, check the proxy settings. (56)".
this happend (i think so), after i installed google webaccelerator...but even after i stopped that program, the problem persists...

please help me...

ghemant

Broken In
Send To

Hi,
i use an application software *send to* a very good software , now comes to your problem regarding Auto Update of NIS , their are several reasons :

1). Slow Connection
2). Connection Broken
3). Proxy Problem (if updating from proxy)
4). check if a port blocker is on or not !

:)
Regards

OP
P

pratheesh_prakash

Broken In
but i ve been updating it till last saturday........i dont know what happened....well i got a 256kbps broadband connection...and also i dont use any proxies..will it be because of google webaccelerator???

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Most probably,bcoz google web accelerator itself is a proxy as it reroutes your pages requests thru the Google servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom