problems with videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

swap_too_fast

Broken In
boyz, i have a problem with the some .avi extension files, when i play them ,only sound stream was played the videos didnt shown by any player
( i use zoom plr.,win. media player, real one player), i have copied from my friends hard disk, plz tell me about my problem and also suggest me solutions. thanx in advance :wink:

geekysage

Journeyman
You don't have the proper codecs installed. Try the VLC player, it comes with many standard codecs so you will not need a codec pack.

Peace.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
You dont have the required codecs to play the file.

Download:
K-lite codec pack

Or
ACE codec pack

Or as geekysage says use VLC player which uses it's own codecs, so that you need not keep downloading the codecs that are required for playing the file as required.

Amit Kumar

Broken In
but guyz i had real player & quicktime player installed n after installation of K-lite codec pack both of these players topped working. also they were not uninstalled fromadd/remove programs n i get dis msg while uninstalling "required uninstall file not found"

sba

Journeyman
that is because you installed quicktime and real alternative (that come with K-Lite codec pack) over your existing installation. You should hv first uninstalled the players and then installed the alternatives.

q3_abhi

Youngling
After this remember to install K-lite Codec pack first. After that,there is no need to install any other player.

hack expert

In the zone
well beware of ace codec pack it is known to cause problems to quite a few

problems are caused to windows media player

try K lite insted it is the best the latest download is 27.00 mb it`s got everything

VLC player can also be a solution to the problem as mentioned

geekysage

Journeyman
@swap_too_fast: That's why i recommended the VLC player, it takes care of everything w/out giving any headache. Once you mess up the codecs, it's really hard to get the system back nice and clean w/out a reinstall. I used to install K-lite codec pack w/ every windows installation until i found the VLC player - the boss of all. Hell, sometimes it even plays corrupted files!

Anyway, sba's already mentioned the source of your problem. Now just remove the codec pack, reinstall your original quicktime/realplayer, and finally install the boss - VLC player :lol:

Peace.

geekysage

Journeyman
@crashuniverse: no offence but not every file nowadays is ripped in DivX so don't offer closed box suggestions unless you are sure of what you are saying. That guy would have happily installed VLC player and wouldn't have faced any problems if it wasn't for people who suggested codec packs. I clearly stated in my first message that he doesn't need a codec pack with VLC player but no, people have to step in.

I understand and appreciate you people's desire to help out others but please don't make a post unecessary long when you already see the question answered by somebody. The guy who asks the question not only gets confused but also does something wrong when inexperienced people start giving out their solutions. This ain't the first time i am noticing it so i had to spit it out.

Peace.

sba

Journeyman
geekysage: chill man. just cos you suggested VLC doesn't mean it is the end all solution. I tried VLC and it doesn't play lots of movies I downloaded. sometimes it missed video output while on other times it missed audio.

this is just u who is thinking that VLC player is the solution and everyone should not hv responded but others might not be thinking on the same lines. in the end i seriously don't understand that why u r bothering about a long post anyways... :S

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Never happened to me.
VLC player is really good. Even I think VLC is the "solution" for codec problems. Most the codecs are illegal and even some codecs in k-lite are illegal. I support VLC player :p

geekysage

Journeyman
@sba: I am sorry if VLC didn't work for you but you haven't mentioned if you were able to play those movies with any other software. VLC skipping video and audio, sounds familiar to me. You know when that happens? It happens when you try to play an incomplete file which is being downloaded via a torrent i.e. a file with frame gaps. The good thing is it still plays the file when other players would simply stall. I think prolly hundreds like me and drgrudge will come out in support of VLC player if you do a poll.

sba said:
in the end i seriously don't understand that why u r bothering about a long post anyways... :S
You didn't get my point, did you? Well, you would have, had you read the next sentence carefully. See, what happens when a post gets unncessarily long is that the guy who originally posted the question sees all these different suggestions and gets confused. Sometimes he tries to mix n match different suggestions only to yield a mess. Hope you get my point this time.

By the way, swap_too_fast, please post what you did and if it worked.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm. But then again I encountered few video files which VLC player failed to give Video OutPut.Only Audio OutPut. HeroSoft Super Player 3000 came to rscu. Although I had K-lite Codec Installed.
Best wud be to Get VLC player [Bcoz it plays corrupt files and many formats ], K-Lite Codec Pack , and HeroSoft Super Player 3000 [Bcoz It too plays corrupt files ignored by other players ].

Hving the mix of this 3 has me content! Now All files plays except the .drm file locked by MicroSoft with some License....

sba

Journeyman
geekysage said:
@sba: I am sorry if VLC didn't work for you but you haven't mentioned if you were able to play those movies with any other software.
I was able to play those movies after I installed K-Lite pack.
VLC skipping video and audio, sounds familiar to me. You know when that happens? It happens when you try to play an incomplete file which is being downloaded via a torrent i.e. a file with frame gaps.
I know that.
The good thing is it still plays the file when other players would simply stall.
Crystal Pro is another player like this.
I think prolly hundreds like me and drgrudge will come out in support of VLC player if you do a poll.
I will come out in support of VLC as well cos it is one fine player. I always keep it handy and use it even on Linux but I would stick to my point that it is not the end all solution cos you do need codec packs especially if you download lots of movies :)

You didn't get my point, did you? Well, you would have, had you read the next sentence carefully. See, what happens when a post gets unncessarily long is that the guy who originally posted the question sees all these different suggestions and gets confused. Sometimes he tries to mix n match different suggestions only to yield a mess. Hope you get my point this time.
got it this time...sorry about that. peace :)

q3_abhi

Youngling
drgrudge said:
^^
Never happened to me.
VLC player is really good. Even I think VLC is the "solution" for codec problems. Most the codecs are illegal and even some codecs in k-lite are illegal. I support VLC player :p

I watch Quake Vids n most of them run either slow or nothing is seen on the screen in VLC player. But K-lite runs everything smoothy but with no sound effects. (aim only to play the video).

I heard that BSplayer is also a good one.

I think it differs from system to system. Some like VLC,some K-lite, some etc. So have to experiment on every player n see which suites ur system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom