Problems with scrolling and startup

kshitij_tandel

Right off the assembly line
My laptop has started behaving strangely since few days. First I faced the scrolling problem, whenever i m in the middle of some web page or document, suddenly the mouse pointer jumps to the start of the page and then it refuses to go down. The pointer keeps going to the top even if I keep scrolling down. At first I thought it to be software bug, so I restarted the laptop. But to my surprise it started continuously beeping. I had to force shutdown it. On later booting it up it showed the 'Windows Error Recovery' screen. The options were to launch startup repair and to launch windows normally, of which I chose the latter one. To my surprise it started normally and worked fine. But the problem resurfaces again. Whenever I face the scrolling problem the booting problem has to follow.
Thinking it to be some kind of virus or malware issue, I restored the laptop to the original factory settings, but still the problems persists..!!
Now I m confused as to whether my hard disk is failing or has become faulty.?? Or my OS has got any problem.??

Please help guys...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
By restoring to factory settings, it should have formatted as well. So, this probably rules out any OS related issues.

Top Bottom