problems with hardisk???

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i recently installed HDDlife to find that my 160 GB hardisk has 57% health thou it showed the performance was good. i amnt too much worried abt the % either. however, it showed that the hardisk temperature is 46degree celsius for my 160 GB and 35 for my other 40 GB hardisk. and i found that i showed that my partition F is on too much temperature of that warning! i dint take too muich of those statistics into a/c.. but i jus recollected that whenever i copy from or to F partition from any other, it takes a relatively long time to copy. like say if i were to copy 4GB it takes twice or thrice the time it takes to copy usually...

how do i get to know if there is a potential threat in that partition? can i fix it? and how do i reduce the temperature? i dont think "cpucool" etc.. and other softwares are reducing the temperature even... atleast to me. give ur suggestions.

/legolas

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Your problem may be solved with a software called SpeedFan
You dont need to worry until and unless you start getting some boot errors, crashes, frequent hangups or clickin noises from your pc cabinet.
The slowness can occur due to several reasons.
Keep your registry clean.
Try not to use other programs while copying.
Check for spyware and other malware.
For faster speeds, disable your Antivirus program during copying.
And
Stay cool yourself. 8)
Savvy!

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
well, now i installed "speedfan" only to discover that the additional 2 fans i hav installed seems to hav detected as "39 rpm"!! :d its running good. i hav my cabinet open and i can see them... y does it show as "39" rpm? so there is no good in having htese fans installed right? or the effect wil take place if i hav my cabinet closed only??

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom