Problems Installing Beryl manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
I installed Beryl from Package Manager in Linux Mint 4.
But when I try to install Beryl-manager, it gives an error.
I cant understand what it means & how to I solve it?

This is the message:

*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t1627828_Screenshot.png

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
yes. I have added the repos given at *linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_Beryl_on_Linux_Mint

I downloaded beryl & beryl manager as .gz files from beryl website. How do I install that. I have extracted them to a folder,now what do I do?

amitava82

MMO Addict
AKAIK its because Mint 4 comes with Compiz. I think you need to remove compiz before you could install Beryl... Not sure though.. :|

praka123

left this forum longback
beryl is already a dead project as it re-merged with compiz to form compiz-fusion.try using Ubuntu compiz-fusion repository.
purge beryl completely using synaptic package manager.

refer *ubuntuguide.org for compiz-fusion help

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
btw what do I enable in the compiz manager so that if I take my mouse pointer to the corner of the screen ,it forms a preview of all the windows ?

A

anarchist

Extra>> window previews.
it will give this type of previews:

*img209.imageshack.us/img209/6435/testri2.th.jpg

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
I didn't mean this. I meant when many windows are open & u take the mouse pointer to the upper right corner of ur screen, all the windows that are open are aligned on the desktop from which we can click & select the window we want.

I figured it out. It's the scale plugin :)

*img523.imageshack.us/img523/1536/scalega6.th.jpg

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Yeah its the scale Plugin. To get a similar view of al your workspaces with the programs in it Use the Expose Plugin. Refer to the shortcuts in the Advanced Desktop Effect Settings Window.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Alt + Tab is not expose. Alt + Tab just lets you switch between programs in the same workspace if IM correct. Expose lines up yopur workspaces and you can click on any of the programs in the workspaces and send focus on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom