Problems and more problems with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@PhreakOutt, You have to be a little patient!! Novell has released Suse 10.1 Remastered Linux. click here
That has many bug-fixes & all the updates. Ofcourse, if you have a 10.1 Suse CDs/DVD,
then install it using it. Get the updates & bug-fixes from the Net.
Those Documentation links should also help you understand Suse Linux better.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Doh!! Well I downloaded the linux CDs from mirrors from the mentioned site on the official website of SuSE, but I think there is some screw up when I downloaded. Well, I'll tell you what all happened. I had lined up the CD downloads from the site on my download manager. Due to failure in the connection in the middle of the download due to my ISP(BSNL :p ) the download manager stopped and later I couldn't download 2 CDs from the same source. So, for those 2 I chose the remastered download without knowing exactly what it meant, and the rest, I downloaded the normal CDs. You think this has an effect? Well, I'll see if I can download any bug fixes after reinstalling as that is the only option left as of now.

praka123

left this forum longback
you can continue downloads using wget downloader
Code:
wget   -c suse.iso
it will finish the download by d/ling remaining parts.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

prakash kerala said:
you can continue downloads using wget downloader
Code:
wget   -c suse.iso
it will finish the download by d/ling remaining parts.

I guess you have got me confused on the above post. I said, I have downloaded and installed the SuSE CDs, but few are the remastered version, and few are the normal ones. Hope this is more easier to understand :)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@PhreakOutt, I got your point!! I don't think that will create problem since all
the ISO images you downloaded belong to Suse 10.1 !! Now, get the remaining updates
from the Net.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

JGuru said:
@PhreakOutt, I got your point!! I don't think that will create problem since all
the ISO images you downloaded belong to Suse 10.1 !! Now, get the remaining updates
from the Net.

Well, that's a relief to hear. But, when I checked for updates, it shows that there are no updates available. So, I guess I need to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom