problem with xmms

Status
Not open for further replies.

surdy

Broken In
Best P2p for linux

Hey people in used kazaa P2P software when i was on windows ...........
but since when i switched over to linux ...i miss it ....... is there some gud P2P software ...with a large network ...for linux platform'
thanx

ujjwal

Padawan
I use gtk-gnutella, it is a fast and useful P2p client for linux.

To access the edonkey network, you can use clients like MLDonkey, lmule, amule etc.

OP
S

surdy

Broken In
thanx ppl for the help
i downlodeded LMULE from *in.view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?8QPZ8U6896J87
i downloded the source code package
but when i tried to configure the package i get the following error ...

checking for wx-config... no
configure: error:
Please check that wx-config is in path, the directory
where wxWindows libraries are installed (returned by
'wx-config --libs' command) is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
equivalent variable and wxWindows is version 2.4.0 or above.
Or this might also be a bug in our configure. Please try again
with --with-wx-config=/usr/bin/wx-config
(replace /usr/bin/wx-config with a valid path to your wx-config)

please help me wat to do

ujjwal

Padawan
You need to have the wx-widgets toolkit installed.

You can get it from *www.wxwindows.org/

Alternatively, you can look for a wx-widgets package for your distro somewhere.

OP
S

surdy

Broken In
thanx ujjwal ...i installed wxGTK-static-2.4.2-1.i386.rpm from the link u gave ......but still face the same problem ........... wat more packages i must install
thanx

ujjwal

Padawan
Strange, try seeing if wx-config is present

which wx-config

If the path to the file is displayed, then run ./configure --with-wx-config=PATH, replacing PATH with the displayed path.

Maybe the RPM was incompatible with your distro, try compiling wx from source instead, get the wxGTK-2.4.2.tar.gz file.

You may also find an official/unofficial package for your distro, btw which linux distro do you use?

BTW, if you just want to access the edonkey network, there is an official edonkey GTK2 client also ...

OP
S

surdy

Broken In
thanx ujjwal i installed another package called wxGTK-devel ....after which ..the package compiled smoothly

S

sunnydiv

6600gt + edimen = me dead (must read if u ever played a gam

6600gt + edimen = me dead (must read if u ever played a game)

u guys, i think i died and went to heaven

complete awesome 3D

it went 12 inch inside moniter and 6 inches outside the moniter......

i used
xfx 6600gt driver 71.84 + nvidia stereo driver 71.84
+ 3d glasses from edimentional

it worked crappy with onboard, also with ati, but nvidia is optimised for stereo ;)

u need to see this

NEED to see this

i am inviting all of you to my house to check this out man ;) drop in anytime, spread the magic

total cost for me was around 12k + 6k = best thing ever seen (EVER)

and if u can get ur hands on a moniter that can give 100 or 120 HZ at 800*600 then :shock:

i am using @ 800*600 @ 85 HZ

U WILL (SHOULD) NEVER PLAY A GAME WITHOUT IT

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Alright alright Message Seen already buddy.Now if we are done with ur obsesso stuff,mind explaning why create each and every thread separately for ur 6600Gt adventure trip :? :shock:

u already had 2 other threads running and created for the dersired quires and opinions,so why so much excitement to create one more.Come on Pal why not just post in one of those threads instead of constantly creating new one's :)

Ashootosh

Broken In
hello guyz. i just downloaded the latest xmms from xmms.org, but when i tried to install it , it gave error that: glib 1.2.2>= required (newer then glib 1.2.2) then i installed glib 2.3.2 but even after installing that i m recieving the same message what can be the reason?? does xmms needs the files of glib , if yes then where xmms is searching 4 that files?

also is there any other gud media player(which can play mp3 also) for linux. I have real player, but it doesnt creates playlists!!! (is there any solution??).I m using pcqlinux 2005.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
Why not try Kaffeine player?
It sure supports m3u playlists...

It is the default player for KDE...
Also see this post - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16667
Also wait for others to repsond...

Cheers!!!

] K8)8)L [

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
i tried installing XMMS frm the Digit DVD but it gave an error saying it cannot procedd...
is it a CD problem or smting else

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
and Kaffine player gives some wird 'rainbow error'!!
when i try to load a playlist the scroll bar goes grey -black and hangs....
i once tried moving the Main window frm the deskop and suddenly the PC restated!!!

OP
S

surdy

Broken In
strange !!
i started this thread for P2P ...and now its Xmmx problem thread ..i'm puzzuled ..how did this happen .....

Ashootosh

Broken In
wat u started this thread??? wats going on , I thought I m the one who started this thread , n name of the thread is "problem with xmms"!!!!!!! strange things r happening?? surely any moderator has merged the two threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom