Problem with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

asher_friends

Broken In
Hi guys, I have a PC...which has Vista operating system. Some days back it automatically installed the windows update ( as it usually does), but the problem is, after that update the whole system is behaving in a different way and sometimes it freezes and I need to boot it up again, whenever I try to boot up my computer it shows an error message saying that ntoskrnl.exe file is missing or corrupted
at location 0x0c0000098. Info : windows failed to load because the required file is missing. If I ignore the message, it boots to the operating system and again the updates are again installed automatically. I have tried to turn off the automatic updates, but nothing happens and it again installs it. I have no Vista CD as well, I have only Dell laptop re installation Vista disk. Is it possible to recover that OS file from that disk?? Please give a solution. thank you

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Since you have a recovery Disk
Boot your PC with the recovery Disk and choose to repair your windows. This will replace the missing or corrupted file.
You can also try to install Vista SP1 as it might fix the file

OP
A

asher_friends

Broken In
Yes, the copy of vista is genuine......but in india no one is willing to give the original disk of Vista ......many of software guys only install and give it to us....and another thing is that the recovery disk given to me by the laptop ppl...and its a Home premium version recovery disk whereas my system has the vista Enterprise edition ...is it OK to follow the steps using Home premium recovery disk??? Thank you for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom