Problem with USB hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

avik_chat

Broken In
I have an iball High Speed 4 port USB 2.0 hub connected with my PIII, 512 MB SDRAM machine running on Windows XP SP2. The hub is used to connect a pen drive, webcam etc. It was working fine but recently I had to format and reinstall my windows XP. Now I am facing a peculiar problem. When I connect the Pendrive directly to the USB port, it works fine but when I connect the USB hub to the port and the pendrive to the hub, the pendrive mounts and unmounts immediately and this continues several times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB driver but with no respite. So I cannot use the hub now

Can anyone reason and solution?

OP
A

avik_chat

Broken In
Yes asnvin. Thanks for responding. I have changed my SDRAM from 2 x 128 MB to 2x256 MB and just after upgrading my RAM, I had reinstalled Windows XP SP2. And the problem with the hub started just after that. Do yo have any idea of the reason?

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Bro need to figure out whos problem.. try another pendrive.. if problem exist its your hub problem.. try to plugin the hub into some other port

enticer86

Stay Silent!
even i am using Win xp sp2, 2.00ghz, 512MB Ram, and i can NOT use the damn hub fr iPod and Pen Drive.. wtf, i cant even use it with the motorola cellphone cable-- thse devices jst show error!

another pendrive.. if problem exist its your hub problem.. try to plugin the hub into some other port

done... i shifted the port and now its working :-O

the.kaushik

even i am using Win xp sp2, 2.00ghz, 512MB Ram, and i can NOT use the damn hub fr iPod and Pen Drive.. wtf, i cant even use it with the motorola cellphone cable-- thse devices jst show error!

done... i shifted the port and now its working :-O

cool.. actually it usually happens that the hub dont get proper power supply from the port so it happens sometime..

Also there is one more solution for this.. see the hub carefully should have a power plug in it.. if you have proper manual and adopter you can add some power to it.. I am using intex hub.. it has..

enticer86

Stay Silent!
cool.. actually it usually happens that the hub dont get proper power supply from the port so it happens sometime..

Also there is one more solution for this.. see the hub carefully should have a power plug in it.. if you have proper manual and adopter you can add some power to it.. I am using intex hub.. it has..

arey bro i got a 150/- one- thot it wud b a gud way to utilise those giftmate vouchers.. It has no power plug or anythin, jus a usb port, thodi si wire, and the hub with a green LED

the.kaushik

for what..?

Actually if you are asking about the intex hub thing then..
in intex site also am not able to find.. Any way i can give you the model no: IT-401

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom