Problem with USB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anilkumar_kumar

Right off the assembly line
Whenever I connect USB STORAGE device it shows message that

the unknown USB device is a HI-Speed USB device & will functon at reduced speed when plugged into an hi speed port.
because of this problem transfer & download rate is to slow
But USB Device is working very good in my friend's system,& transfer & download rate is very fast

I connected to all available ports on my system i.e. all 6 ports ,but shows the same message all the time.

ASUS p4b533 SERIES Motherboard

these are the devices I found in device mangaer-->Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Intel(R)82801DB/DBM USB Universal host controller-24C2
Intel(R)82801DB/DBM USB Universal host controller-24C4
Intel(R)82801DB/DBM USB Universal host controller-24C7
Intel(R)82801DB/DBM USB2 ENHANCED HOST controller-24CD
USB root hub
USB root hub
USB root hub
USB root hub

Please Help !..

Kniwor

Learner
go in decive manager and see if the driver for ur usb 2 controller are properly installed.... install them again etc....

I presume u have winXP service pack 1 or above....

satyen_abrol

Broken In
Hi !
I guess Kniwor is right. your USB controllers are not correctly installed.
You might be using Windows XP SP1 ..my advice is try upgrading to Service Pack 2...i had the same problem and upgrading to SP2 solved the problem.

Do let me know if that solves the problem

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
well i also got this msg but thought that my compu is too slow to handle such new devices. and as the pendrive was working so didnt pay much attention. i have upgraded but still msg persists. if it is installation prob then tell me how to look after it otherwise its fine with me.

Kniwor

Learner
shashanktyagi1 said:
well i also got this msg but thought that my compu is too slow to handle such new devices. and as the pendrive was working so didnt pay much attention. i have upgraded but still msg persists. if it is installation prob then tell me how to look after it otherwise its fine with me.

as i said, go to device manager and see if there is any unknown components.... install them

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
shashanktyagi1 said:

as i said, go to device manager and see if there is any unknown components.... install them

there were two unknown. multimedia controller, multimedia video controller. which driver do they use? i havent got any.

OP
A

anilkumar_kumar

Right off the assembly line
I have these version which is available in my system,if there is any other newer version than this, please let me know & give me the link to download the drivers.

Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2 (ver:5.1.0.1006 / dated:8/28/2003 ) provider intel
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4 (ver:5.1.0.1006 / dated:8/28/2003 ) provider intel
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 (ver:5.1.0.1006 / dated:8/28/2003 ) provider intel
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD (ver:5.1.2600.0 / dated:6/1/2002 ) provider intel
USB Mass Storage Device (ver:5.1.2600.0 / dated:7/1/2001 ) provider Microsoft
USB Root Hub (ver:5.1.2600.2180 / dated:7/1/2001) provider Microsoft

Please Help !..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom