Problem with refresh rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

saubrl

Broken In
In some games, i see out of range in my monitor and i have to restart my computer. Does adding a graphicx card solve the problem>?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Depends on the game you are playing & the resolution you have set the game to play.If you monitor supports a maximum of 1024x768 resolution & the in-game resolution is set to something more than that would result in a monitor synching out of range.It's better you set it to a supporting resolution of the monitor.Also the games & your computer specs would be helpful.

OP
S

saubrl

Broken In
i know that but how can i change the resolution and refresh rate of game without even opening it?

Also, i wished to know can a graphix card fix the problem.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
look for config file with extension .cfg and open with notepad. Look for the resolution field nd edit it nd save it.
The .cfg files can be found on ost game installation files or with save files in documents.

Always take backup of the original file as somethin wrong value cud result in game cuppuption, nd ull need to reinstall. So take backup of cfg files before editing.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
i know that but how can i change the resolution and refresh rate of game without even opening it?

Also, i wished to know can a graphix card fix the problem.
What's your monitor's native resolution.??Try setting your monitor resolution the same as the game resolution b4 opening it.Some games may face probs switching resolutions.You can also run the game in 640*480 resolution from the Properties menu of the game executable.

Who

Guess Who's Back
download Reforce
*www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1847

Open the Reforce.exe file, click Auto-Populat (spelling) then click Apply then click on the newly opened dialoug box & your problem will be fixed if you encounter any other problem please post here.

ok then click 640 x480 & set Frequncy to 85 , do the same thing with with 800 x600 , & if you have a 17" or bigger moniter set the 1024 x 768 Frequncy to 85 if not then set the 1024 x 768 Frequncy to 60, then hit apply again & your done.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
No, the resolution is limited due to ur monitor nd it goes into 'out of range' when ur monitor can't stand such resolution.
So set the res to ur safe res of windows in game config file

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A graphic card won't fix the problem as it's not connected with your graphics memory by anyway.All you need to do is find the .cfg file like dOm1naTOr suggested or in some cases a .ini files which contain the games configuration details.You'll need to hunt for the resolution end & switch the Vertical & Horizontal resolution for the game to one which is supported by your monitor.Save the file & then start the game.Also like dOm1naTOr said,it's highly recommended you back up the original .cfg or .ini files which you are going to edit.One wrong move & the game won't start at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom