Problem with RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Yes u can,but there is a chance that the chips might be incompatible.If they are compatible,it will run perfectly but be aware that the 512 MB/400 Mhz chip will underclock and run at 266 Mhz.

::cyborg::

In the zone
u will have frquent restarts as it happened to me if u hv the 266 mhz mobo then u should try 266mhz ram

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Rambling

I have intel 845 Gb, P4 2.4ghz having 128mb ram (266 fsb).
I am planning to buy 512 mb ram.
Will 512 mb of 400 fsb will work on my board along with 128mb which is at 266 fsb.
:D
or only 512 of 266 will work with 128 of 266 fsb.
PLz any one answer this :?:

choudang

Padawan
sorry......... your mobo should have the support for 400Mhz RAM.... if u have.... u can but u will face some BOSD and restarts

I

invisible

EDIT: sorry......... your mobo should have the support for 400Mhz RAM.... if u have.... u can but u may face some BOSD and restarts

vinaypatel

Journeyman
this will require to update ur bios with ur mobo bios patch if it allow to attach than only take risk to attach otherwise it will work bot after some time it start togive error of pagefault and many more

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
vinaypatel said:
this will require to update ur bios with ur mobo bios patch if it allow to attach than only take risk to attach otherwise it will work bot after some time it start togive error of pagefault and many more
huh?? i have been using two kingston 512 MB modules @ 400Mhz on my 845 GL mobo for over 1 and a half yr, i nvr got such error.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
vijay_7287 said:
same topic goin on here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35361&highlight=
can u please letme know the cost of 512 (266) Hynix ram
also specify which make / brand /manufacturer is good in buyying it
if possible plz tell where would i get it on these plannet (i mean specify address of the shop in mumbai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom