kryptex

Broken In
Hello,
My friend has a PC with following Specs:
Intel Core2Quad Q8400
4GB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz
GTX 560 (non ti)
PSU of VIP(dunno W)
He ran burn-in test (stress test ) for both CPU n GPU simultaneously... (Temps were below max level) He says the tests were completed successfully.
Now the problem is the PC wont even boot. So hat could be the problem? Which components might have been damaged???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
when you start the pc cpu fan is running ? Do your mobo has onboard gfx ? ( can you hear any beep sound ? )

use another PSU, remove the gfx card and test with onboard gfx port of mobo or another gfx card. If no go remove and remount the cpu hsf and cpu properly - make sure you apply TiM before remounting the cpu hsf - post feedback. Remove and remount ram modules - Also check with some other ram slot and if possible ram module.

frankeric

Journeyman
Hello,
Intel Core2Quad Q8400
4GB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz
GTX 560 (non ti)
PSU of VIP(dunno W)
He ran burn-in test (stress test ) for both CPU n GPU simultaneously... (Temps were below max level) He says the tests were completed successfully.
Now the problem is the PC wont even boot. So hat could be the problem? Which components might have been damaged???

Hi for what reason your friend ran a stress test????

OP
K

kryptex

Broken In
Nope. My friend told fan's not running. No beep sound either. He has a spare motherboard, which he used but same problem. He even checked the PSU cables on other PC,cables are fine.

Hi for what reason your friend ran a stress test????

He wanted to check the performance and stability ...

frankeric

Journeyman
Hello,
Intel Core2Quad Q8400
4GB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz
GTX 560 (non ti)
PSU of VIP(dunno W)

If nothing happens he press the power button no lights turn on than he can try replacing psu.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope. My friend told fan's not running. No beep sound either. He has a spare motherboard, which he used but same problem. He even checked the PSU cables on other PC,cables are fine.

He wanted to check the performance and stability ...

I think Op wanted to say that his friend has checked the PSu on some other pc.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
While there could be advanced issues like bad CPU, faulty PSU etc..it’s also worth checking some basics as well since the PC is completely dead.

Make sure all power cables are tightly connected & also PSU is getting mains power properly i.e. mains power cable is not faulty

Also the power switch (button) on the cabinet front panel might have gone bad..short the pins on mobo where it connects and check if PC powers up.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
stress test on VIP psu?? :facepalm:

maybe one of the following
1. psu gone kaput.
2. psu gone kaput, taking with it the cpu.
3. psu gone kaput, taking with it the gpu.
4. psu gone kaput, taking with it the cpu and gpu.

see which of the fan on psu, cpu, gpu are not running.
if psu fan is not running, then psu is gone. test the system with a good psu[maybe you can lend him yours. just dont let him stress test again :p ].
test the system part by part, and you will get the faulty part.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
sometime this type of stsrtup issue occurs if mobo somehow comes in contact with the metal part of the cabinet - so if Op is going to try with a new psu he better do the test placing the mobo outside of the cabinet on a table connecting only the PSu, monitor, keyboard and gfx card if needed ( no mobo IGP ).

Top Bottom