Problem with orbit downloader

mrsam1999

Broken In
Hi, i am using orbit downloader to download flash videos from various websites. Ocassionally i try to use the scheduler to download in the nightime (i have BSNL dataone broadband) but often i see that scheduled downloads do not start and it shows connection closed in the status. I don't know what the problem is, but do i have to keep the website open in firefox (as i use it) to start the downloadings ? Please help !! This problem only happens in scheduling downloads.

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually when you are downloading Flash videos then your web browser should have that video file loaded on it, I mean whether seeking is complete or not is irrelevant but it should be open when your downloading starts to setup linking. :)

OP
M

mrsam1999

Broken In
Actually when you are downloading Flash videos then your web browser should have that video file loaded on it, I mean whether seeking is complete or not is irrelevant but it should be open when your downloading starts to setup linking. :)

Is there a way around ? I really want to download at nighttime as in daytime the datacharges will apply. Is there any other software that could do this ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, IDM is the best.

BTW, little about flash video downloading - IDM can download flsh vids from many sites but some website has tighter security - so say you added some download links and decided to download later but the links that were added on IDM may have some unique id ( mostly time based or Ip based and both ) - so some may download provided the link provided into IDM has time based link expiration method - once the time is up IDM will ask you to start the download from the source link - ( this is also a part of the download link added into IDM ) - so see if the source of download has such security/protection method there's little less any download app can do - all you need to do is to restart the download from browser page again but the best part of IMD is it will at-least open the webpage on your default browser so don't have to search for it again.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
BTW I found IDM to show fake speeds!
It showed 50 Kbps on my 20kbps(GPRS) connection :(
BB Down

yes.. it will. the 50kbps it showed was a spike. not constant. if you plot a graph you will see your avg dl speed lies around 20-25. i have 250kBps bandwidth. idm gives me 250-270. and when it starts opening the connections, it touches 900kBps. but in a few seocnds it stabilises to ~250.

OP
M

mrsam1999

Broken In
Perhaps someday there will be a software which will, at nighttime automatically open up my browser, choose the kind of videos i like to watch and select them for downloading. I just have to give it my likings and it will do all by itself. Just like a clone of me working out the night hours while i sleep. !!

Minion

Conversation Architect
^ Most video websites don't allows you to download videos from their websites and these sites don't have resume support.

Top Bottom