Problem with Nero updating 6.3.2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Problem with Nero updating

Few month back I downloaded Nero Burning ROM 6.0.0.1 from the internet. As I had Nero 5.5.9.0 installed so the new version was running in demo mode. Now I bought a new writer, it had Nero OEM 6.0.0.20 bundled with it. When I run the installation from the disk it updated the 6.0.0.1 version to the 6.0.0.20. So when I open Nero smart start & before launching a burning application (Data disk, vcd, acd, etc) it gives an option to choose between Nero burning ROM & Nero express.

But the problem comes when I updated it to Nero 6.3.2.5 (from digit vdv). After the update, Nero burning rom was missing from the smart start window & from the start menu. I couldn't able to start the burning rom. But in digit vdv it was written that this patch contains update for both the Burning rom & for the Nero Express. So what happened o the burning rom? How can I get it back?

For making bootable CD I found Nero Burning ROM is best for me. As Nero express don't gives us the option to point out the boot image file location.

So pls some body help me to slove this problem.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
if i am not mistaken , digit had 3-4 patches for different nero apps . try installing all the patches . if that doesnt help follow the above instructions .

technoteen

Journeyman
there is no problem with your nero
its just that nero 6 oem does not have nero burning rom in it
you have to use nero express
if you want to use burning rom - you have to purchase Enterprise or Ultra or Personal edition from Ahead Software

or google for the thing we cannot talk here

arnold

Broken In
hey you guys, what do u all mean by that "or google for the thing we cannot talk here" ???????????????????

can we talk about it personally ?

then, technoteen, please let me know if i can PM you or not ???

hi sourav
i had nero6 and got the updates from digit and everything is working fine and do all the updates given in disk and u will get it done.And do not bother the above guys they r just too geeks to answer no novice!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Don't update..... !!! Just Install.....

hmm.... dunno.... with updates given with DVD if u perform clean install, it installs.....

so do this....

if u having problem in updating ur previously installed nero then remove it and just install the update.... it will ask you for serial number, which for me worked from my OEM NERO....

kaysquare

Journeyman
The nero installer is the same for OEM or enterprise or whatever. But the programs to be installed will be determined by serial. if u have OEM License then the installer will not install nero burning rom.

I too have the same prob here. I have a nero 6 OEM supplied with my samsung DVD burner. I miss nero burning rom a lot. :(

Any way Nero Experss is easy to work with :wink:

BTW anyone has worked with nero vision experss to author a DVD??.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom