problem with my task manager

shiwa436

Broken In
my task manager was disabled by adminstrator. how to enable it? plz help me. I donno how to login the administrator account. Help me in this regard.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Annindyadas:
No, not a complete idiot... since it brought you to this forum :)
Now enjoy your stay.

@shiwa436: Following link may help:
Why is my Task Manager disabled, and how do I fix it?

paroh

Padawan
@shiwa436 Run a Antimalware scan with
1)Malwarebytes (Malwarebytes) and
2)superantispyware (SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!)

Note:Download and install and update it and then run a full scan

shiwa436

Broken In
^^ disappeared? could u elaborate?

After making the task manager visible the above said method, i closed it for a while. after a few minutes, i pressed alt+ctrl+del keys for tskmgr. it doesn't appeared. I inspected the taskbar by right clicking it. its not active there..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
After making the task manager visible the above said method, i closed it for a while. after a few minutes, i pressed alt+ctrl+del keys for tskmgr. it doesn't appeared. I inspected the taskbar by right clicking it. its not active there..

do a full scan of the system to remove the worm/virus.
u will get back the task manager

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Yeah.. its definitely a virus/malware problem!
You shud get it throughly scanned by an updated Antivirus. And after that, use the tricks which other members described above to bring back the taskbar.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Definetly a Malware/Virus problem. Faced this problem Uncountable times when I was new to computing.

Run a thorough scan with an updated antivirus. Download Spybot S&D perform a thorough check. If everything fails, try restoring your computer. Else, time to reinstall your OS.

Prince Sinha

Daniel Prince
It may be happened due to two reasons ,i.e. 1.Worm or Trojan 2. Registry Key
First navigate to:HKEY_CURRENT_USER
And from there to:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Now look carefully and if u find The key named "DisableTaskMgr " then double click on it and change its value to "0". If it does'nt work then delete it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^ Its not what you posted.
Other members have already suggested it.
Problem reappears after he closes Task Man.

Hence, it must be virus problem.

Top Bottom