Problem With My Sony Dvd Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

robogeek

Broken In
I Purchased New Cpu With Sony Dvd Writer 5 Moths Back.. The Writer Worked Normally Upto Last Week, But I Dont Know What Happened But Now It Is Taking One Hour To Write One Dvd., Earlier It Is Used To Take 8 To 10 Minutes. I Am Using Xp With Service Pack 2 And Mine Is A Sata Harddisk.

harikatt

In the zone
you can also try alternate,, by changing the dvd burning software with some other than the now usings ones.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Use this tool to reset the DMA and the problem will be solved: DMA Reset
This is a general problem with all the DVD writers.
If the problem isn't solved, simply restore your system to a date before the problem or better, reinstall XP.

dabster

In the zone
robogeek said:
can I know how to reset my DMA mode?
Open Device manager and in the IDE settings, check the DMA mode for yr device, if its in PIO mode just unistall the device.. then the click the icon in top bar for scanning the system for changes, this time Windows XP will dtect the device correctly and will also set the proper DMA mode....
This DMA problem is quite Normal for CD devices,

But I am Not Sure the problem that you are telling is due to this reason, :/

avneeishere

Right off the assembly line
friends can any one of u help me on this my dvd writer is taking 30-40 min to copy files in the dvd and moreover when the are being copied whole system hangs......when i format my system problem will get solved but then after few days it reappears....help me out anyone plz

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Use this tool to reset the DMA and the problem will be solved: DMA Reset
This is a general problem with all the DVD writers.
If the problem isn't solved, simply restore your system to a date before the problem or better, reinstall XP.

Use this tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom